Blessing of Agility, Greater

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Barugon, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I see that the updated blessing has made it to live:

[​IMG]

It stacks with the regular agility buff, which I think might be a mistake.

StarLord likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since the second agility buff overwrote my Blessing of Elusiveness buff, I guess I'm done until tomorrow.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's the hard mode one?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah. An extra 15 dex is pretty sweet.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, I've finally gotten over 200 without potions. And I only died twice trying to get it. And I even got lucky, and it overwrote my other Blessing of Agility instead of Elusiveness.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That being said, though, I wish they'd stop cloning scenes. I'd rather they just made South Midmaer into a t2/t7/t10-12/t18 scene instead of cloning the scene. Especially since it's a scene with some lore to it; now there are two child king tombs in the world, and that doesn't make any sense. Of our four ep2 scenes, three are clones. And one of those is a clone of a clone.

Barugon, Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah that I do agree with, in that this scene was cloned, but the original scene actually has a story (every scene should always have a story). The story in the cloned scene does need something changed... It really should not just have the same Child King story.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Too bad that all the "story" in the scene, like most scenes, comes from Release Announcements and Dev+ forum posts, and not, you know, from actually playing the game.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't even know that there's a story.

They need to hire a writer or two that do nothing but write quests.

Feeyo likes this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Exactly.

Though, it's only sort of a story. As in, they came up with a sorta-kinda backstory to the area, but never elaborated on it. It was sort of their MO when uncloning scenes. Just like Spindleskog. "This whole area has curse on it." Who cursed it? Why? What is the exact nature of the curse? Can it be removed? Who or what is the target of the curse?

Maybe the ep2 story will go into detail. But I'm not holding my breath. This is probably the thing that irritates me more than anything else. I get that it's a small team, with a small budget. I don't expect AAA title graphics and tech. But story is the one thing Shroud should be knocking out of the park. It doesn't need to have giant budget behind it to create great story content. Every scene should be packed with back story and information and little rewards for checking all the nooks and crannies. Instead it's, "What's around this corner? Nothing, again. What's behind this building? Nothing, again. Whats at the top of this mountain? Nothing, again. What's in this old ruin? Nothing, again. Who built this old ruin? We'll never know. Why was it abandoned? Your guess is as good as mine."

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Brandter and Anpu like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

My favorite quest in Skyrim was the one where a commander of whichever side you picked in the civil war sends you into an old Nord/Dragon Cult ruin to get a Dragon Priest mask. He turns out to be a scammer tricking people into doing a job he was hired by unknown persons to get the mask, but that's not what I loved about it. You go in, and discover that the fortress was under siege ages ago. You find a journal of the invading commander, describing the siege. You go further in, and come across a lot of bodies everywhere. You find notes describing the plight of the dragon cultists trying to resist the invaders. Eventually, you uncover that the dragon cult's final plan is to commit mass suicide, instead of surrendering to the invading army. (If you were observant, you would have noticed that most of the bodies had vials of sort of randomly generated poison nearby.) The whole thing was inspired by the events at Masada during the Roman invasion of Israel. You uncover all this through journals and notes. You could skip all of it, as it's not really part of the quest, but having all the background makes the place feel like it has a purpose other than just being another Nord ruin to scour for loot.

In Shroud, we have scenes with abandoned villages. No explanation. We have scenes with ruins- again, no explanation. Even the actual cities with actual people- no history, no purpose. How long has Ardoris been there? Was it a settlement pre-cataclysm, or did it spring up after? Who the f knows. If there's a city or ruin in an Elder Scrolls game, there's going to be a book somewhere describing its history. If it's a big city, there will be a lot of books. Past rulers have multi-volume series devoted to their history. In Shroud- we have books about bunnies and asses. You break into somebody's home in Skyrim, you might find evidence of their hobbies. Or a partially written love letter they're in the middle of composing to another person in town. Or evidence that they're secretly in a cult. None of these things are quests, just background info to make the world feel real. Break into somebody's house in Shroud... you're lucky if they even have furniture. None of these things need a Bethesda-sized team or budget. Give Sannio a day or two to add some lore to every scene before it goes live. Just... something. Such a disappointment. Such wasted opportunities.

Anyway. Rant and thread hijack over.

[Edited to remove my less-than-stellar assessment of Mr. Hickman's writing ability and contributions.]

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  12. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It is a mistake. Chris just said he'll fix that up in a jiff. Thanks :)

*edit Chris decided to leave it. Seems he'll be doing some more blessings love in the near future as well.

Barugon, Anpu and Feeyo like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

edited my above response.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The buff I got was different than what was listed here. Can you tell us what the other difficulty level provide?

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I also noted that there's no more "extreme" setting. It's just easy, normal and hard now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.