Blessing - Tikaios mob drop

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi,

Just more fuel to the argument on the relationship between the mob challenge and the mob drop on a successful kill.

I appreciate this (excellent) mini quest/puzzle for the Blessing has several other very valuable benefits, but killing Tikaios was the single most challenging fight I've had in ages, maybe only one or two Giants were tougher/different/similar challenge... The loot I got for killing this guy was 4 gold and 2 corpse wax. :(

Whilst I'm not in desperate need for gold and the main purpose of me being in this location was the Blessing, I had a great and tangible sense of disappointment and deflation when I looted Tikaios.

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There are also chests in the room as well when the mobs are defeated.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Indeed, I alluded to that above. My comment is only and specifically about the drop from the 'Boss'. Everything else about the entire process of getting the blessing is first class.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Why must every single ‘Boss’ in every single MMO ever created, always drop exceptional loot?

5. Almar

Almar Avatar

Maybe because if it drops loot no better than a bandit random encounter, why bother with the effort of killing it?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just so I understand, in order to get this Blessing, do you have to fight this Boss Creature?

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Because thats what bosses are for. Difficult fights to get a good reward.
    Why else bother taking on a boss?

Crendel likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Fair enough.

Define: Good Reward

Perhaps an example, of what you consider a ‘Good Reward ‘.

9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'd simply say something better than 4 gold and 2 corpse wax. As I said in the OP, I'm not killing this boss for the loot, this is a blessing mini quest/puzzle (yes you do have to take out the boss to get the blessing).
    It was a hard fight and quite deflating to receive this reward. It wouldn't surprise me if it was placeholder loot. For example, when you take on the named fire elemental in Nightshade Pass, you get a handful of Obsidian Shards and ... something else... I think 200 gold, something like that. The fire elemental is around half as challenging as this guy.

Honestly, its not a big deal, I'm making an observation and posting it as I was surprised and a little underwhelmed. The overall benefit of killing this boss is freedom to loot some chests and a very valuable Blessing.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think most people here do not think about millions of gp or so.
    I think if it was maybe 100 gold and some high tier crafting stuff we would not have this discussion anymore.
    Not enough to make it an good idea to farm the critter but enough to be an good pat on the shoulder and not the nagging idea that you get more loot per hour flattening greens in an tier one zone with aeo spells.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'd say that's about right. In this instance maybe a little more gold otherwise it doesn't sync with the named fire elemental, which is easier (but that could be just my build, so... yes).

Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.