Blessings and Mini-Elementals

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

By accident (I had a mini-elemental summoned and forgot about it when going to Castle Athos) my mini-elemental went into the blessing pool with my character and the blessing went active on it, too.

Before I had assumed that the blessings would not work on mini-elementals as I had them summoned regularly and they never got anything when I went bless-bathing in one of the blessing pools in other cities.

Conclusion: Mini-Elemtals need barrier-free access. The two blessing pools in Athos have stairs in front of them and the mini´s walk them up and bath without problems. But they won´t jump into any blessing pool without stairs and most of them don´t have any.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Why? They are non combat so the blessings serve no purpose for them. And that scene is called Castle Atos ;)

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I have always been upset that non-combat pets have taken a non-combat role in our game.

"They are worthless"
    I think they should be "low level" combat ready on the same level as starter weapons.

I consider any combat skull lvl 3 area and below as great enviornments for the RP of our game. Those areas are perfect examples of places where style of play rules a player's quality time more than challenge of what's being done there.

It well past time for our RP to be provided more breathing room to be enjoyed, and non-combat pets should have a combat role to be played within that style'fest within lvls 1-3.

Level 4 areas should be their level of demise because that is where true combat begins and style begins it's ending, just as the use of a COTO Store bought starter level weapons begin to see their uselessness at level 4.

RP = Style, needs it's breathing space expanded.

:rolleyes:~Time Lord~o_O

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What he said. (Adam Crow, not Giganto Text McFifteen Different Paragraph Styles over there.) It's probably a bug that they get them at all, since having them does nothing for them.

Adam Crow and Time Lord like this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Well, it does increase their health depending on the power of the Atos blessing e.g. by 200% (from 2 to 6)... :rolleyes:
    However it can be ignored - I just noticed that when leaving the scene all spells and blessings on the elemental are gone in the next scene. It appears as if the mini-elemental is re-summoned when entering a new scene.

Adam Crow and Time Lord like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier. When I said the buffs "do nothing" for them, I meant that whether the buffs do anything or not is irrelevant, since they are not combat pets.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I know for a fact that I'm not buying another pet from the coto shop until they can do something that I'm doing.
    They should be just like a starter weapon, useless beyond lvl 3 content.

That's not a threat or a boycot, that's just due to lack of motive.
    ~TL~

8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Or as decoration do more than just move. For example my mini-air elemental could be a magical vaccum cleaner dusting shelfs and floor like a french maid... Or doing my emotes and sweep the floor in my room...
    I should be able to roast a pig over a mini-fireelemental if I had one.
    A water elemental could be a in-house shower.
    Only mini-earthelementals I have no idea as the look as if they leave dirty footsteps everwhere and sound as if constantly complain about something...

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:D That's a good thought, but I think we'd have to "have" dust first :D~TL~

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Well, we do already have the sweep emotion. Sometimes I let my character sweep the floor in the tavern of Castle Atos for a minute to support the lifeless, unmoving husk of an NPC that is the tavernkeeper there...

Edit: Miniquest - every square of the tavern floor needs to be swept using the sweep emote. When finished a warm meal and an ale are the reward... That is unless the NPC´s there come to live and do something.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.