Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood Bay Housing, there is a Dev answere in here, WLCM.

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Can we get a description as to how this is going to be implemented?

Is it in QA?

This was supposed to be some kind of PvP quest, or something not a lucky stumble upon a merchant and pick a house.

Chatele likes this.
  2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Not that there would be any competition from me but I don't remember the PvP quest part. Could you explain that. Sounds like a good idea for those that might want to reside there.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope will let a developer explain - it was how it was present LOOOONG ago.

4. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Sheamus McGuinness and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sheamus McGuinness and Spoon like this.
  6. eli

eli Avatar

On QA blood Bay is a player owned town so I think it will be an actual governor, not an NPC.

It was unowned when I checked last week.

7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Right, but how will the owner be chosen?

Dhanas and Weins201 like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Using past history one can easily see problems - how do you prevent them, you test them, How do you test things, you give people the ability and knowledge to test them. KNOWLEDGE. once tested then you can figure out if there are any problems, and solutions.

I just gave 2 possible ways to "give out land" which do you think might be out there - you and no one else has any idea.

Proactively trying to head of a problem? yeah I need a tin hat.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  9. Hemswal The Descended

@Weins201 Nothing wrong with being proactive and I commend you for that! However, you sound combative to me. I don't mean that to sound offensive, just being honest and see no point to sugar coat. Sure, there have been mistakes and failures, which is natural and unavoidable. However, we have some pretty excellent devs! I've seen the game develop over time. I see how far we've all come. I have faith in their ability to learn from their mistakes and continually do better over time.

craftymethod likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I also throw this out there - PvP Quest to get a house here - WHY

It would be an AWSOME place to have a Market - an wise entrepenuar would do well to have a shop here. I do not have to PvP to craft items.

So restricting it to a PvP quest, however you word it is limiting.

TY honesty is awesome yes it appears combative but we have 6 days left.

Not one viable answer to a very real question.

there is no way to test, evaluate, anything for this very important issue.

11. Hemswal The Descended

@Weins201 You're fine man. I didn't take it personally. :)

I'm more curious than concerned. I just hope for something interesting to take place. I'm totally good with it being quest based. I'd also be ok with only one lot per account. That could help to some degree but again, I'm really not too worried.

12. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

What am I missing here? Kind of seems like you guys speculated about stuff and then started arguing about your speculation? Also, all because dev's didn't reveal all the secret stuff for launch, you know because we're not allowed to have ANY secrets at all or else people start speculation threads and rage about their own speculative threads.

Because we wanted housing in Blood Bay and the new system won't be available just yet, we went ahead and just made in a POT run by a GM character. The GM character governor will likely never be seen and will place down public lot markers occasionally. Sometimes just at random over a month or two and sometimes there will be a GM event that will end with a few new markers being visible. The random ones won't occur at a fixed time so as not to favor one time zone vs another and also so players have more reason to scour beaches. The GM events will likely be announced server wide but likely not scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
    Hornpipe, Dhanas, Spoon and 7 others like this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So as stated Blood Bay is a Player Owned town this would lead one to believe in the Governor concept. The only way to place and restrict lots would be a Governor mechanic. So is this going to be a developer playing a role? How, When, What quests?

Again this needs to be more than just PvP oriented as there are other reasons to have a house here.

6 days time to come out with it, and lets work out the kinks before you just throw it out there.

Edit BTW I was tying this before the above was posted and I posted it then looked above.

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Exactly 6 day as @Chris just said.
    I guess we all will be able to just wait that long.
    Well, almost all :rolleyes:

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And if you would have just came out with this ahead of time then you would have covered a lot or any of the concerns.

So yeah keep your secretes, but this is exactly they type of information that I was looking for.

Ty I can stop trying to find things out to test it.

Sure I was arguing but what I was trying to do was get you all to give us something which you did - TY done here.

As for the Events remember what I said about not just PvP oriented as houses here have more than just a hide out from PvP?

Do not worry I can take being told I "raged" about speculations ;) nice way yo hold back your true feelings:rolleyes:

16. Hemswal The Descended

@Chris For the record, I'm not speculating about anything. I was asking how it would work and attempting to reason with presented speculation. I do think the arguments made by Weins, were made with the best intentions, even if a little combative.

At any rate, I've moved on and am looking forward to Blood Bay housing in whatever form it takes.

Chris and Weins201 like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

• Blood Bay Housing: Blood Bay, the PVP island in Spindrift Bay now has a governor who sometimes makes lots available to players.
    That's what the Release instructions said.

18. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Will there be a town crier in Blood Bay? Will the 'P' key work to show available lots in Blood Bay?

19. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

i see more outlander come to MY island. I welcome you.

Now I happy, I finally get REAL home in blood bay instead of have to shack up with Hilda the nasty bar wench in Scoundrels Hold. I get house spot first, everyone else wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.