Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood Bay Inn unnecessarily Bloody (Door State and Permissions)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Ben_Hroth, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

4/3/2018 7:08 AM
    Title: Blood Bay Inn unnecessarily Bloody (Door State and Permissions in PvP POT)
    Reproduction Rate: 99%
    Blocker? No
    Details: There are a series of issues with housing in a PvP POT. This thread will attempt to contain all the issues which appear related.
    Steps to Reproduce: (see below)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 32711
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6103
    SotA.Win.64.758.Date.04.02.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Island01_01
    Area Display Name: Blood Bay
    Loc: (645.1, 19.6, -641.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSXNsYW5kMDFfMDF8fCg2NDUuMTA5LCAxOS42MTIsIC02NDEuMTI4KXwoMCwgMC45ODUsIDAsIC0wLjE3NSl8MjAwLjQ1MDJ8MzAuODEwMTZ8MTQuNTA2MTM=

To go over the basics from a gameplay standpoint, while I'm not clear on what the fully intended role of housing and tenancy in Blood Bay (or other open PvP POTs) I think it's reasonable to believe for a tenant in an inn like my inn at the Loc above:
    1. A place for a tenant to store goods; and
    2. A place for a tenant to rest without fear of harm/theft from other players who are non-tenants if reasonable precautions are taken (i.e. the doors are kept closed and locked). (fights could still break out between tenants, for example)
    So the first big bug is:
    • The doors do not stay closed.
    • The doors do not stay locked.
    • The doors permission reset seemingly randomly.
    But there is some contention that I'm seeing beyond that as there are two permission windows:

[​IMG]

There is also an added complication because there are two exterior doors in the Village Inn and Gothic Village Inn (I've tried both), let's call them Front Exterior Door and Rear Exterior Door.

In trying multiple combinations and permutations, I've discovered:
    • The lot permissions including the Tenant flag and the [ ] Locked Doors checkbox rarely reset (I've only seen it once and I may have been monkeying around with magic movers, etc)

• The Front and Rear exterior door permissions can sometimes be synchronized together. When you lock the Front Exterior Door, the Rear Exterior Door often locks. When you add Ferohir (apologies to Ferohir) to the Front Exterior Door as a guest, they get added to the Rear Exterior Door.

• The Front and Rear exterior door permissions can sometimes get desynchronized. Then you can see a locked Front door with Ferohir on there, while the Rear exterior door is unlocked and open.

• Over time, Ferohir gets dropped off permissions, the doors may unlock, and the doors may swing open. This definitely seems to happen when you teleport, recall, or exit game while in the inn. I don't know how it looks because I'm out of the space but when I come back in the permissions (Ferohir and others), lock state and open state all reset, usually to: No one on list, unlocked door, open door.

• Related to the contention between lot permission Locked Door and the individual Door Locked permission, there is ambiguity on when an intruder can come in the inn whether the door is in an open state. I've seen folks who cannot run through an open door and I've seen folks who can run through an open door. Very important distinction in a PvP town! :)
    There is an unrelated bug with windows. Marauders can smash into a building regardless of permission by Body Slam'ing through the window to an intended target. But I'll file that separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.