Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood Bay looks AWSOME and the concept great - BUT . . . .

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Here is what pisses me off about it . .

There was ALOT of developer time spent and more to come working on this. ALOT, and then there are the mechanics to be created for its housing.

This is all PvP content - AWSOME (it should be fun)- B U T - when are the things players already actually paid for going to be finished.

Content
    Combat
    Skills
    POTs

and there are a lot more.

DO not come at me by saying people paid for PvP too - PvP was NEVER an initial selling point of the game. And it has been said over and over PvE should not have need to go into PvP content but it appears that PvP is taking up more than 50% of the development effort. (look at standups and see how many days have ben spent on the broken targeting and how many spent on Blood Bay or PvP ????, just a simple example. BTW Taming has not come up in it in over month)

Sorry but nothing said will change that perception, damage is done.

Good job on Blood Bay though, just very disheartening.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree with this assessment and I am getting really tired of seeing so much dev time being spent on PvP related matters.

Let's see what the less than 20% of backers who do PvP have received so far:

Shardfalls with unique plants/animals purely for this less than 20% PvP crowd.
    Ruins, more unique scenes for this less than 20% PvP crowd.
    Big underground dungeon just for this serious minority.
    Now, a town devoted just to this serious minority.

You PvP'rs can PvP everywhere in Shroud, any place you wish to fly your PvP flag. You have your own content as seen above, way more than you deserve in terms of what you represent in terms of the your % of the backer base. And yet you scream for more. You will never be happy and I just don't understand how Port can spend the amount of dev time on matters that effect only you, when you are a quite small % of the backer base.

I would love for Port to take their own poll of just how large our PvP population is compared to the rest of us.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Please check the 2 Million Stretch goal again. I think a lot of people pledged because of the PVP promises that where made AND the turn back into a virtual world combining all styles of play into one... just like UO did it in the beginning.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Before y'all go emotional about this. Can you list the features they implemented on Blood Bay that considered to be exclusive to PvP only? I mean those that cannot be reused in any place else, except in this town.

Then we can make a determination whether they're really wasting time or not.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The whole town is PvP but yes , I did say it is AWSOME and looks great, the air ship is nice, but other than that there is nothing other than new graphics that could be considered specific.

WAIT

there is the whole issue with the housing that is going to go in there and the "system" they are creating to ensure it is fair a balance in how it is obtained / achieved.

That mechanic alone is strictly for the PvP town.

What gets me is this whole project is designed to cater to PvP players when the amount of time spent in the design / development could have been spent on uncloning, POT tools, Skills, Crafting. . . . .

I know - I KNOW, the graphics guys are separate - GREAT let them work on all the scenes that are still cloned then. When all that is done you could have taken pieces out of the uncloaned areas and created a whole PvP place - this is just backwards planned.

Does that make sense as to why I get emotional about it?

Everything in the story line, all the scenes . . . . have already been paid for and are being left on the shelves while "PvP" content is being created. Not to mention PvP can not be balanced until the game is finished and then that will take another HUGE effort, but they are working that backwards also.

So does that give validity to my negative opinion or am I just being grumpy?

If I am just being Grumpy so be it that is what forums are for - voicing opinions and concerns, not just "hey this is great" . . . . .

FrostII and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, the way I see it.. it makes a lot of sense to use a PVP zone as a testing ground for new mechanics and things. People can't go into single or friends and grind the hell out of it. It's multiplayer only.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

But all those airship movement, volcanic island asset, the design for choke points, quest-required housing system can be reused for other things, no? Which is why I wouldn't say it's a waste of man hours even if the original intent is to provide more option to PvP.

I mean.. technically nothing stop them from cloning blood bay and remove PvP zone and call it veejay bay for those who don't want to PvP to enjoy the scene, right?

8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Grumpy? Dude, you're toxic.

9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Personally, I really liked Blood Bay. Spent at least a good 8 hours there the past three days. Of course, it's missing some things, and I personally wish the town(s) were a bit larger. Then again, it does have that 'pirate' charm to it.
    The PvPers needed something like this in the game. However, I originally came to do the story in the game, and I wont be able to evaluate it until the final. So until then, I just continue to putter around in the game finding things to do, including PvP.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Again they are all great tools just implemented backwards - the "game" should come first then PvP. Every one of those assets you mentioned could have been put anywhere so yeah not really wasted, it is just that the development mindset is PvP first - backwards.

BTW that means in order to see it you have to - HAVE TO - enter PvP areas. So just to even check them out a player HAS to enter PvP - which is diametrically opposed to "players will not be forced to enter PvP for content" Which was said in at least 2 hangouts, notes, and direct emails from the team. SO it shows a lack of concern to adhere to statements (lying) which leads to mistrust . . . . . . ..

As for being toxic I am just reacting to what I am being fed, so being fed poison results in negative and abrupt reactions.

11. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

About content:
    Devs will make great thing for non PVP community this release - they nerf DRW. :D
    PVE players has RISE - great, wonderful, hard, my favorite location in the game but most of PVE players prefer DRW(Even guys with 80+ levels)
    Rise gives huge knowledge about your build weakness, about tactics and etc. But in Rise I see people very seldom in DRW there is huge ammount of people any time.
    Same people who prefer DRW make a drama: give us more. Why, if you dont use what already have ?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

False.

This entire day has been one huge flaming pile of "alternative facts". Nothing gets me more upset than people making up their own facts.

13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Every night in my dream, I feel you, I hear you...

Alexander and Duke Avery like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry but what is DRW?

16. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Deep Ravenswood, its mobs have been "balanced" to go along with other 5 skulls areas.

Weins201 and Alexander like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ah yeah OK TY - yeas they did not nerf Deep Ravenswood, they destroyed it, just like they have done to each and every place that "power" gamers have been found to use - Control Points - Destroyed / Deep Ravenswood - destroyed - - -

Why?

To counter the fact that they where being "abused" by "Power Gamers" to gain Exp - sad that they cannot actually fix it since it is the system that they created that causes it.

Power gamers will find other places or ways to do what they do - and in the end the game will suffer like it is because they cannot fix the problem they just adapt to it. (or at least they won't fix it, they prefer to just try and make it go away)

PvP will be the exact same way. They will start to keep just reacting to the template / skill of the day and will chase their tails forever.

BTW that is not toxic that is again reacting to "poison" that the team is showing as how they "fix" problems.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

nooooo Weins the technologies that came out of this scene are what are important to the game. Ability to move a player is huge and I bet will make it so much easier to add boating in the game. Instead of being upset we could celebrate that some of the new technologies that will finally advance our game in many ways. I do hope I am right. I am not focused on this and the pvp/pve aspect but the technologies and what they will allow. Bloodbay to me is just a beginning that we have much needed for so long.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and uhop like this.
  19. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

Only time they spend on PVE is when they nerf it to the ground... Most of the time they spend on things are.. Uncloning scenes.. More housing/bundles... Addon store fluff.. I still don't know why they needed to roflstomp DRW... Why not make other 5 skull scenes with a bit more density? Maybe it's time for 6, 7 and 8 skull zones.. Turn those unused scenes that no one ever touches and turn up the dial. Mob Density and higher level mobs.. But i guess everyone is ok with the new DRW with the level 1 pigs and the occasional wolf, bear and spider spread out... yayyyyy!! Soon everyone will realize that the game is a heavy grind and they are making it worse every release. But hey!.. What do i know... ^.^

20. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

PvP content is exclusively for those who care for PvP. The majority of players will never PvP and find it utterly useless.

Duke Gréagóir, FrostII and Weins201 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.