1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Bay preview

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Vas Corp Por, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, please!

2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Also would be nice if POT as well as place anywhere deeds could be used in blood bay to make it more accessible?

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  3. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@DarkStarr

DarkStarr?

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Its a npc town so I assume pad deed is required.

However I will suggest 2x tax rate be applied. Create turnover and people looking for IDOCs

Alexander and Vas Corp Por like this.
  5. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

I like the idea of the quest for lot deeds as discussed in the telethon. It was mentioned that there would be "high end" parts to the quest so I assume people who have been developing their avatars during the past several months will get dibs - also those in guilds. My avatar unfortunately sounds too low a level to be able to consider to trying to do the quest and get a lot. But at least this way people can't buy their way to a lot, and the people who have been contributing most to the development of the game get a reward. It still looks like its going to be fun regardless :)

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

2x zero (TF deed) is still zero

edit: I like where I think you were going.. just .. you know.. details

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea im aware however I was thinking if u had 120 days free in BB it would only be 60 days.

You would also be sacraficing a tax free deed to drop thier and a early round spot.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If this place become super popular and successful, there is a good chance that there will be more location like this for people to PVP and live there. There were some empty PRTs that got removed to make room for new scenes, so anything is possible :)

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I always thought the empty PRT's were (at least for now) removed because having totally empty towns doesn't look good.

Governor Tempest likes this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

So I just thought of an idea that would really help the magic boosting shard and the "anti-magic" areas you guys have talked about... (not sure how they currently work, but...)

I would be awesome if these areas had both lingering effects, and also took time to fully impact players. I assume that they probably currently work only when a player is in that specific area. But what would REALLY be compelling is if you got an anti-magic effect that lasted for like an hour! (even when you switched scenes) Or if you went to the magic boosting shard and it didn't instantly give you a boost, the boost occurred over time so people that were there first would have an advantage and it would be kind of a "king of the hill" scenario. Players would then want to visit there to get the boost, which would also last for a period of time after they left, gradually lowering over time.

Just wanted to pass on these ideas as I believe they would make these areas far more interesting and fought over, verses simply making them have effects if you happen to pass through them. Please consider if you already haven't been thinking about it in these terms.

Brent Sasz likes this.
  11. Vas Corp Por

I like this a lot and will definitely pass it on! So, you can enter the affected area, and charge up the buff (maybe it increases magic damage done AND taken so there's a trade-off) then run away from it and the effects slowly ramp down? Would be cool to see magic users gathering there (to ally together or fight over the spot like you said). Alternatively, there can be magic dulling shards that decrease magic damage done and taken (so non-magic users can go get that buff which would mathematically negate someone with the boost).

12. Vas Corp Por

Blood Bay update! Added a couple dungeon entrances, worked on the volcano VFX (lava flow rivers still WIP so not shown), some other misc P.O.Is.

Kobold dungeon entrance
    [​IMG]

The Fall dungeon entrance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Virtuous' side of town; nothing like a good drink while you watch a filthy pirate hang
    [​IMG]

Updated Volcano plume
    [​IMG]

Zeppelin Dock
    [​IMG]

Thanks for following the thread! I know there's a lot of questions about how housing works exactly. When there's a definitive answer I'm free to share I promise I will!

13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Lots of cool things going into this scene. Great job.

But eating dinner while watching a hanging? Wow, that's a whole new gruesome spin on Alamo Draft House!

Duke Avery likes this.
  15. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Dang, that looks hawt! I wants...

16. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

WOW! So excited for this scene! Great work @Vas Corp Por! Get us those housing details man! lol

Berek and Bow Vale like this.
  17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Guess I will need to learn how to PvP better to see your awesome creation.

18. Vas Corp Por

Airship patrol!

[​IMG]

19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I like the pirate flag. :D

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Still waiting on specifics, you said you would ge back to us..

*looks cool though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.