Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood-Frame when less Life-Energy

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Cherico, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

The bloody frame, that appears, when life-energy goes down, is a nice new feature!

But two things:
    * the frame appears to early (lost round 50% of life-energy?)
    * the blood is to bright and light-red! Make it a little more darker, dirtier and "bloodier"

Time Lord, stratigos and CrazyPhil like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe they could allow us to customize the threshold of when it displays? I like to play the death tree, and it is technically better to play at lower health for extra death effects.. if the threshold is too high (50% sounds awful high to me), I might have to see this 99% of the time.. If the threshold were customizeable, I could use the level it was set at as a visual indicator to my ideal health level...

3. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I don't mind how bright the blood is. I do wish it was more transparent, at least at the start. I completely agree that it appears way too early.

I absolutely love the idea of connecting this as a visual indicator for death magic. That's beautiful.

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I think 50% is too soon to see that. 10% might be more reasonable. It will also help the Death magic user to determine when to "play dangerously."

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I've worked with blood for the last 11 years of my life and the non-dark blood in games and movies has always been a pet peeve of mine.

I get blood on me all the time and it definitely isn't bright (well... very rarely).

Time Lord likes this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

Gradual transparency/opacity fade-in from 50% down would be fine, as long as it was really subtle to begin with. If it's going to remain as it is, pop-in wise, starting at 25/30% would be better.
    Right now it's pretty jarring and quite annoying, to me. Yes, we can turn it off, but if we turn off everything, what's the point? :)

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~RED~:confused:
    I was so happy to hear that they included an option to turn it off :D
    Just FYI... That bright red being seen so many times can alter your mood and decisions in life outside the game after playing and seeing it so often ;)

~Opinioned % Suggestion~:oops:
    I real life I haven't seen red when I was about to die and I agree that at 50% health in the game, it's way to early... maybe at 5% it would make a nice effect fading in o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I've watched oxygenated blood (bright red) and non-oxygenated blood (dark red) mix. The bright red comes from arterial blood. Arteries run along the bone, and most people never get injured deeply enough to see the bright red.

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.