Blood River Outskirts starter area

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by JumboAg, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

I've actually had an account since the earliest days of the kickstarter but have only slightly played on and off. I recently deleted my character and restarted now that the main questlines are done and the game is about to launch.

I'm confused in the second area I've made it to after starting (Blood River Outskirts). The game is clearly giving me some starter quests to learn the game mechanics but the resource gathering one has me stumped. I for the life of me cannot find any garlic. I know its apparently harder to find, but this is a starter quest.... am I missing something obvious? The trees were easy to find b/c of their color. The copper ore not so much but I did eventually stumble onto some. I've been all over the area though and I still cannot find any garlic.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really want to like this game as I have a soft spot in my heart for RG's games but to get frustrated so early is... concerning.

majoria70 and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There's one right in the elf camp, on the path that goes from the blacksmith down to the leader guys's place. But if you're in multiplayer, it may have been harvested by someon else. I think there was another outside the camp, in the area where the corrupted elves keep attacking the refugees. And over on the path near the pyramid, I think. They can be really tricky to spot, even if you know what you're looking for.

3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

For gathering Ore and Wood I suggest you switched to "Friends" only at least. In case you don't remember how to do that you hit ESC, 3rd from the bottom tab that says "Multiplayer", in the Matchmaking Mode select "Friends Online" or "Single Player Online". It will reset the "zone" for you in 30 or so seconds and the nodes will all be up. Then you can harvest without interruption.

majoria70 and Spoon like this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Bow Vale, majoria70 and JumboAg like this.
  5. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

even in friends only where it was guaranteed that the garlic would be there it took me forever to find it. THANKS ALL for the advice and thank you skeggy for the video!

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've got to say something here since I'm sort of the self-appointed garlic guy.

Yes, garlic can be hard to find, especially in older areas. But now the devs are trying to put it along roads in newer (since the Outskirts were new) areas. That is exactly where you can find it in BRO, which has 19 garlic nodes that I have found so far. It should be even a little easier in R52 because they're trying to improve visibility of all harvest nodes, and at night with no lighting should work very well starting next week.

The main thing to keep in mind about harvesting is that all nodes are placed in specific places. At any time no more than half or so will be "ripe" for harvest, but they will all always be in the same places. A few types like ore veins and garlic completely disappear after harvesting, but they're still right there.

majoria70 and JumboAg like this.
  7. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

Thank you for the additional detail Elwyn!

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.