Blood River Outskirts

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by CarlNZ, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Decided to use a new character slot to try the new user zones. I've got a point in blood River outskirts where I can't advance questing anymore. After showing both manifestos to the elf leader and being asked to get scalps by the vigilante leader I can't get anything further to happen. Neither of them want to talk further about scalps, about poison, there's nothing in the vigilante camp that serves as the extra evidence needed. The quest maker keeps telling me to go to the elf leader, who has nothing further to say. Am I missing something
    It would be great to be able to just pick a side, go with the vigilantes and just knock down some elves for the scalps, but I can't :(
    Also, I think zone chat should be on by default so new players can ask for help more easily as well, they're unlikely to know how to switch channels at that point.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Tamsen and Numa like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Leaving the Elf camp, going over this tree, you find Marcus. There is a part to
    to show him the Cleanse Manifesto, so he get the truth!
    May be this helps further? ;)

3. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Ah, I actually don't have a manifesto, I have plans. I've killed a million bandits, they've not dropped one, there's still nothing in the camp .. Read Marcus checks for that, but I can't find it anywhere.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

As asked for by the vigilante leader you need to get some elf scalps, there are two ways to do this.

The elf leader should have suggested talking to someone to get fake elf scalps. I don't recall the NPC's name but it's one next to the blacksmithing crafting station in the elf camp.

The other option is to kill elves to get them. Although I did the above option I later found that Obsidian elves drop scalps everything.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

is this where it ends? because i was a little confused on this too. nothing progressed past this

6. Paladin Michael

The last thing I remember I got the order to detain Trumblemouth.
    And the very important thing is to receive the Banner of Truth :) After this you can go on with the path of truth ...

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This will walk you through it.

2112Starman and Grimsley like this.
  8. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Hello Im also new and have done all the quests in Bloodriver outskirts but cannot seem to leave the area and get to the town of Aerie .When I try Im brought back to the elven camp I have the Banner of Truth is there something else I need to do in order to get to the town? also I bought the game and a pack but did not receive the virtual items yet can anyone help?

9. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

OH and I tried doing ot both online and off and still cannot leave the outskirts :{

10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Look for the wagon with the red cover on it. Put the cursor on it and it says Novia, then use E key to go to the world map.

It is in the Elf camp where you start.

11. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Thank you ! I still have a few more things to do apparently though !!

12. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Can someone help me with my map it does not load..also where do I get the virtual items I purchased?? I did check the files they are all there and reloaded but still no map ..compass dies help but Id love it if my map worked lol

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you talking about your ingame items, for those you go to a banker and click 'claim rewards' to get them. They will show in green. Also the map does not work in all areas, it is bugged and if you have a Linux machine it may not work at all for you. Also it does take a moment to load it and you can use your middle scroll bar to scroll it in and out. The default key for the map is the 'end' key but you can reset that. For me 'm' key is the compass not the map. The devs are aware of the many problems with the map due to it being a 3rd party map, but they say they are working on it.

And if you were talking about your physical rewards those are not ready yet, it will still be a few months or longer before we see those. If that doesn't answer your questions let us know and we will try to help more.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Astrid Vinter and Spoon like this.
  14. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Thank you for the information . Is there a banker in Blood River outskirts? I have searched but have not found one '

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Bankers are many times standing near the entrance next to the town criers or the town center will have a bank building. Point at signs always to read what they say. I hear this quite often that people don't realize to point at them to read them. If still no luck finding a bank I will @Berek to ask for help. I also will check the area but perhaps if there is no housing there hmm ok I will check;) also I want to say adventure scenes might not have one. Go out on the map from an exit and point at names of towns it will show what is in them but better to claim goods from the the town you will live in. If you don't have property from real life cash purchase like pledge etc I can help anyone with free rooms as well as others will. Just check under the market section of this forum.

Edited

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

For some very strange reason it was decided that there would be no bankers in the Outskirts *sigh*.
    When they were first launched there not being bankers was repeatedly logged as bugs, but then we got a pretty stern "by design" message.

So you will find the banker in the first town outside of the outskirts.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Depending on your path that would be
    Love - Soltown
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=1&poi_id=607&openPopup=true&z=5
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=3&poi_id=1039&openPopup=true&z=5
    Truth - Aerie
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=1&poi_id=440&openPopup=true&z=5
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=224&poi_id=2320&openPopup=true&z=4
    Courage - Resolute
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=1&poi_id=437&openPopup=true&z=5
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=222&poi_id=2214&openPopup=true&z=4

Please note that banks are not money banks, but rather local storage banks.
    So don't withdraw any reward you are not planning on using just yet. This since while listed as a "reward" it can be withdrawn in any town. BUT after having been withdrawn and then deposited it can only be picked up in that local town.

Happy hunting

Spoon

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Thanks for the feed back' I'm not liking limited travel or no bank .I also wish the quests were more clearly defined . Also wished my map worked :(

Baratan likes this.
  18. Astrid Winter

Astrid Winter Avatar

Question : I redid truth in the outskirts with an online character only this time I gave the manifesto to Marcus ..Did I mess up the quest???

19. Paladin Michael

No, it's ok to give Marcus the Manifesto for bringing him the truth ...
    :)
    Similar questions were here.

Astrid Vinter likes this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

dont forget to jump on Discord while you are in game. Join the SOTA channel, you can ask these questions on the fly when you are having the issue and lots of people will help out.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.