Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bludgeon Knockdown Leaves Enemies Always with 1 Hitpoint Left

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by SteelCore, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

08/31/2018 15:55
    Title: Knockdown skill leaves mobs with 1 hitpoint left
    Reproduction Rate: 99%
    Blocker? no
    Details: If you successfully knock down a mob with the Knockdown skill you cannot kill it with the "last" blow because it doesnt takes more damage than it actually have.
    For example: You fight a mob, knocked it down and it has 12 hitpoints left. The next blow will not do more than 11 damage. No matter if its an auto attack, a Ground Pound or a 6 stacked Crushing Blow, the mob will always stop taking damage at 1 hitpoint so you need an additional hit to kill it.

Note 1: I experienced it with 1H- and 2H axes on any kind of mobs... animals, humans, undead, elves, liches and so on. (Maybe it happens with maces and hammers too, i dont know)

Note 2: It seems that if the mob regains some hitpoints with its combat health reggen the bug doesnt happen until the mob is knocked down again.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4018
    SotA.Win.64.823.Date.08.30.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills01_VerdantisMines
    Area Display Name: Verdantis Mines
    Loc: (54.5, 16.8, 185.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMV9WZXJkYW50aXNNaW5lc3x8KDU0LjU0NiwgMTYuODMzLCAxODUuMzkxKXwoMCwgMC4yMjYsIDAsIDAuOTc0KXw5MzYuMDd8MTcuNjA5MDh8MTg=

ozzzmosis likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@SteelCore, i don't know the status of changing this, but here is the reasoning behind the current behavior:

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

This happens with ANY attack that has a "crowd control" effect, same applies for leg sweep from polearms, or the mezz from sneak attack when you have specialization

4. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I see and the explanation @Alley Oop posted is not Logical at all, because it doesnt matter if the mob is in knockdown state or already out again and fighting back or running away.
    I can even kill the mob with the 2nd hit if it is in the knockdown state, so it cant be an animation issue.
    And it never happens if the mob healed in between, regardless if knocked down or not, its simply strange and feels crappy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.