Bludgeon worth skilling for Mage Staff?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Stundorn, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hej,

I'm running with a sword and wand or sword with shield.
    Last only for RP purpose as a Guard, so nothing i want to specialize in.

Sword anf Wand work well for me, but i recently begin to like the Ice Staff and i can salvage it, get the eternal pattern and use it on my Staff of Tempestry +12.
    I'm thinking over to skill Bludgeon additionally.
    Base Bludge is at 80.
    What do you think worthwhile or worthless?
    With upcoming changes in mind i think i will concentrate on Air and Water again as my main schools.

Do you think skilling some Bludgeon Skills to get knockdowns and stuns with the staff to then get in range again and fire Ice Arrows is a viable build?

Cassyr Dubois likes this.
  2. Gnarl

Gnarl Avatar

My avatar is a mage with a heavy armor breastplate and the rest cloth. He uses a staff as a weapon for stat increases. While I don't have a lot of bludgeon skills the base damage is decent and I use knockdown a lot. I also have the bodyslam from the heavy armor tree. so I can cast at range, blink in and knock down or stun/cast/aoe tank etc

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am in this boat and have training Bludgeon skills up and lowered them pretty much down. I use Chain armor, Obsidian Bear, Fire, and a staff.

My Bludgeon skills that I increased are: Knockback (40), Knockdown (60), Breaker (74 I am thinking of lowering this one to 40), and Bludgeon Combat (40 - just to get 0% damage). I don't hit very hard but the stuns and knockback/knockdown is worth it for a spare skill where I am hoping my fire and pet can destroy before I need to keep those buggers off of me. It is really a way to keep them away from me and in the fire so my bear and attack them.

4. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Right now is double XP and leveling the tree to 80 won't add much decay and make you more versatile.

5. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

The passive Breaker is about a 25 Strength increase in your stats; which can be useful in regards to survivability.

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I was testing a 2h staff as a healer doing a bit of melee and it works great with the bludgeon skills!

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Viable sure but it appe4ars oyu are looking more from an Asthetic / RP concept. You could just as well take a Leaf Staff and Use Earth Quake/Root, or Fire and Immolate weapon / Fire balls.

Hum actually not a bad idea ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.