1. NOTICE: The game is still in Early Access, which does not constitute a Launch! Please keep feedback and concerns tempered during this still-in-development period. We are working hard to make the game ready for Launch, based on your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

BMC Presents: The Gladiator's Grid Iron

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Jakdaw Foxlauden, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

[​IMG]
    The BMC is proud to present the nastiest, the foulest, the most feared arena in all of New Britannia! The Grid-Iron is equipped with a caged ring, a winner and a loser's locker room, VIP round-table, a betting booth, and all the blood-sport you can handle. Fighters will be charged a 20,000gp entry fee. The house takes 10% for hosting, the winner takes 60%, and the runner-up takes 30%!
    Come one, come all, whether you aspire to be a spectator seeking wealth, or a combatant seeking glory and fame, all of it can be found at The Gladiator's Grid-Iron!
    Before the actual event, the BMC, in its effort to bring you maximum hospitality, invites all participants to a feast a hour before the event, where guests may meet & greet, place bets on potential event winners, register to be a combatant, and converse with VIP avatars that may arrive for the evening's festivities.
    After the event, all guests are invited to get down BMC style, where the clothes are shucked, the hot-tubs are steamy, Avatars Radio is loud, and the companionships are forged for a lifetime!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Rally Point is in Soltown for zoning instructions.
    EVERY Sunday Night 6:00pm to ??? (Central Daylight Time)

Look at our FAQ for detailed info.
    Now accepting Early Entries!
    Post on this thread before 5pm CDT on Sunday and get $5k off your Entry Fee$!
    See our brackets in real-time on Challonge!

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I just dont have 20k. :(

3. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Don't be daunted! The entry fee was designed to accomplish two tasks. 1) Make sure people that sign-up actually show up! :p 2) Gives the fighters a worthy prize.

I try not to post anything that isn't "official" on our OP, but as many attendees will tell you, BMC members and spectators alike have been known to 'sponsor' fighters that are short on funds. This is a Community Event, after all, and we hate to turn anyone away!

If you are interested in trying your luck, please feel free to PM me, and I'll see if I can direct you to a willing sponsor! :)

And, if nothing else, we're always happy to take volunteers for our favorite "halftime show".... NEKKID BRAWLING!

PS - Regardless of what you do, don't forget that you can always come and try to make a few gold by betting on the fighters!

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

20K is really expensive. REALLY, REALLY expensive, if players didn't abuse the Gems before they took it out 20k is ALOT of work.

Jakdaw Foxlauden likes this.
  5. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Where were you when it was 25k? o_O LOL. We dropped it down to 15-20k, and we haven't had trouble since.

It HAS been discussed that we'd like to help newer/less active players feel welcome, which is part of why sponsoring has become a thing. Long term, my team and I hope to have more established method of this, but it's been working fine for now.

As always, if you have any additional feedback or ideas, I'd love to hear them! You're welcome to PM me if you'd like to have a larger discussion on this matter.

6. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

A few notices regarding this upcoming event:

• Thanks to generous donations, this weekend's Purse includes an additional 50k. More $$$ for our Champ & Runner-Up!
    • Tonight we introduce our new awards: "Most Improved" & "Best in Show". These consolation prizes include the winner's choice of 10k gold, or a free entry into a future event!
    • Pre-Registration is still open until 5pm CDT. Post here and only pay 15k for your entry fee!
    • There are several sponsors available this week for those with a light wallet. PM me on the forum or in-game and we'll see what can be arranged! :D
    • NEKKID BRAWLS are now open to the public! Not afraid to fight in your skivvies? Then strip down when the call goes out for underwear gladiators! Winners will earn praise and adoration. Losers will end up in here...
      • (Depending on the popularity of this entertainment, we'll consider expanding on this... maybe we'll even add prizes! Thanks to The Hendoman for the suggestion!)

Abydos likes this.
  7. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Champion: Turin
    Runner-up: Jacob Canaan
    Our Semi-Finalist: Bambino LudoVate
    The "Most Improved" Award went to Woodrow Beefcakes, for his continual progress in the ring against our professional fighters.
    The "Best in Show" Award went to winterking, for having the courage to step into the ring and represent, even at Level 30!
    And a Shout-Out to our VIPs tonight: Blake Blackstone, Gaelis Trajan, and our very own Lord British!

8. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Thank you so much Jakdawn :)
    I had a lot of fun. Congratulations to Champion Turin and all fighters . Sadly I can't be often watching your Grid-Iron...timezones...but this time I had the chance :)

9. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

You can make 20k in a single run if you fill up on cotton and ore. Daggers take 3 bars to make and sell well, cloth shoes take 24 cotton and also sell well. :)

10. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

The BMC Event Staff and I are pleased to announce our collaboration with Bambino LudoVate's Shardfall Madness PvP Event!
    As the free-for-all madness brings fighters of all kinds from the community,we will be offering
    FREE ENTRIES to the Grid-Iron event so they can test their mettle in the ring for fame, adoration, and gold!
    In addition, our newly provided Grid-Iron service, "the PvP merchant" (currently staffed by Harry Underworld), will also be making his way to the Shardfall safe-zone to sell his wares!
    No longer shall a lack of Repair Kits prevent the fighters from sating their bloodlust!

----------

If you've ever thought about PvPing before, go to the Shardfall event this Friday and give it a shot! You never know, you might be the next big fighter to enter the Grid-Iron's ring this weekend! :D

It is a honor to work alongside other members of SotA's community. I'm pleased to be a part of this collaboration, and encourage others to find ways to work with your fellows, and make the game stronger as a whole!

Arianna, destrafa, Bambino and 2 others like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

I will try to enter today:) That is if I manage to stay awake, it is really late

Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  12. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

This was todays epic duel between Bux and Net,

Thank you to the BMC for hosting this event:)

RDouglas, Soleidad, Jynx and 5 others like this.
  13. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

4/5/15

Champion: Bux
    Runner-up: Jacob Canaan
    Our Semi-Finalist: Turin
    The "Most Improved" Award went to Tari Silimsure, for an astounding level of endurance in the ring despite her limited experience.
    The "Best in Show" Award went to Net, whom provided us with entertaining fights at every turn (including a fierce round of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' with Bux), and generally being a good sport!
    And a Shout-Out to our VIPs tonight: Kazyn Phoenixfire, Gaelis Trajan, Blake Blackstone, Arianna, and many more!

Abydos, destrafa, Soleidad and 6 others like this.
  14. Bux

Bux Avatar

Awesome event ... thnx Jack! :)

15. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Wow, so many good fighters, so many great fights ( Bux vs Net ----- 15min!!!, first RPS PvP-fight ever :D )
    Was an amazing tournament!
    Congratulations to the Winner of tounament Bux and other fighters :)

16. Net

Net Avatar

This was great tournament, congratulations to Bux and thanks to Jackdaw and River (and others) for organizing this!

17. Soleidad

Soleidad Avatar

Great fights, grats Bux!

Thank you for organizing the event, was nice to watch.

[​IMG]

18. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Thanks for being there, Sole! TBH, I never saw you come in. I'm so focused on managing the fights that I get serious tunnel-vision. I can only imagine the number of inappropriate gestures my guildmates make at my defenseless posterior. :confused:

19. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

Looking forward to tonight!
    Firstly, wanted to let everyone know that we've already got 7 fighters (and 2 maybes) confirmed for tonight. This is a first for us, as normally everyone shows up last minute. Thanks for saving me the headache! :p
    On the roster tonight (maybes are in italics):
    • Bambino LudoVate [Pax et Veritas]
    • Hookliner [BMC]
    • Bux
    • Jade [BMC]
    • Woodrow Beefcakes [BMC]
    • Jacob Canaan [League of Assassins]
    • Rhyft [BMC]
    • Destrafa [Solamn Legion]
    • Turin [Dead Rabbits]
    -------------

As always, we'll fill any time lapses in with our favorite sideshow entertainment: NEKKID BRAWLS! Spectators and fighters alike are encouraged to participate. Have you got what it takes to fight in your drawers? Prove it tonight in the ring!

Lastly, thanks to the awesome battles between Net, Bux, Parallelogram, and Tari Silimsure, we have decided on implement a time limit on the fights (if for no other reason than to avoid keeping folks up all night :rolleyes:). Since Challonge doesn't not currently support draws, we will be settling all "draws" via our crowd-approved method: the fighters will choose to finish the fight via:
    1. An epic round of NEKKID SUDDEN DEATH!
    2. An even MORE epic round of ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!

Again, I'm super-excited for tonight, hope to see you all there!

Reminder
    Pre-Registration Feast: 5pm CDT/NBT
    1st Round @ 6pm CDT/NBT
    Town Criers will be in Owl's Head & other locations.
    Easy Zone-In Point: "/zone Onyx"

RDouglas, Gaelis and Abydos like this.
  20. Jakdaw (Retired)

Jakdaw (Retired) Avatar

4/12/15​
    Champion: Jacob Canaan
    Runner-up: Bux
    Our Semi-Finalist: Turin & Parallelogram!
    The "Most Improved" Award went to Jade, for successfully moving up the bracket in her first tournament.
    The "Best in Show" Award went to Turin, whom managed to wow us all in an epic Brother vs. Brother fight... and it was with a brand new build!
    A Shout-Out to our VIPs tonight: Kazyn Phoenixfire, Blake Blackstone, & Samuel Cromwell!
    Additional thanks to Matterio and Abydos for their support.
    Check out Matterio's Community App!
    Check out Abydos' PvP Metropolis Kickstarter!

Arianna and Gaelis like this.