Boats for EP2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I did not hear or read that they would stretch goal boats and it is not included as a ''uture stretch goal' on the stretch goal page. Doesn't mean it will not be, but I haven't seen or heard that it is included in or a stretch goal of episode 2 as of yet.

Chatele likes this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

If you need a quote just go to the Telethon/livestream where Four stretch goals were identified for EP2 along with the new islands as the EP2 land mass. So all those that got their ships, prepared to sail and battle on the Novian seas can put those plans on ice. I and several others already gave the Devs a piece of our minds on this sore subject. R/Boris/El Pirata.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I've been curious what their plan is for where the "teleport" boats will be that will take us from Novia/Hidden Vale to the new EP. 2 lands?

If they are looking for suggestions, I'd like to make one...

Since Hidden Vale is in the top-right corner of the current map, and situated to the right of where the new lands will be added... And, since there is a lonely lighthouse on the southwestern coast of it, I think that would be a great place to put one! It would be a logical travel path over the water and a short/straight route to the west.

What do you all think?

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Many of you on this thread are highly invested in the game mentally and some from spending what may seem like obscene amounts of cash even to us, but here we are sitting and waiting where ever we are watching the injustice that is happening to this game over and over.

The source or rumor sounding things for those who don't know is livestream comments and things said in passing from speculations from the devs of what to do next. That part does not matter so much as the injustice happening.

We are at important part of the journey for this game. I am extremely disturbed at us not to offer up important features to the game all inclusive in an episode 2 expansion. Ok time for a mutiny on the bounty thread. See you there.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Chatele, 3devious, Cordelayne and 5 others like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I had asked that when Boats come out if Air ships would work around the same time... I suggested that even if they only were a foot or two off the water to start so they could be used as boats that would be awesome until the day we can fly :)

Boris Mondragon and Ronni like this.
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Well if you figure how much money they will lose from not having boats moving it can add up. Many that had planned to buy a ship and either a Town or City Water lot will put those plans on hold and those who did expecting ship movement got left hanging and paying high taxes on a property that just site there. I even asked them for something in good faith like a "Captain" title for those that spent the bucks since that was the only way to get a title but I guess they see it differently. I stopped making suggestions either here or during Telethons/Livestreams. Not worth it anymore. R/Boris/El Pirata.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

As a former real boat owner myself (they warned me owning a boat is like sitting in a shower ripping up dollar bills and it turned out to be true), I was to young then to appreciate what a lot of the big boats out there really did. So now that Im older, I would love to see a "swapper boat" where you can raft up with all the other swapper boats and trade wives around (because that happens in this area a whooooooole lot, if you ever see boats all rafted together, thats whats going on).

(this post is meant as a joke).

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Well thank you for the moment of levity Star. Though not invited to those kind of activities feel free to use the dance poles on the tavern at the bottom of my ship for stand-up comedy :)

9. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

I suspect Portalarium are in somewhat of a struggling position financially, as I think it likely SotA wasn't received quite as well as they hoped. As such, the stretch goal gating of development will probably be more prominent than they initially intended for some time.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

As it is in any business there must be long term goals, short term goals with budgets for each. Anytime one starts taking from Peter to pay Paul or because one just wants it sooner there will be trouble. The best thing to ever do is budget wisely and learn to wait for the things on the want list. The best is to maintain the basic making it secure and sound and then expand as money comes in over and beyond that which is budgeted.

I feel sad that that could be part of the problem that is being faced in this game I dearly love.

I will rally around our game and help in anyway I can. We must see it succeed.

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Until boating arrives, I've turned my water lot into a floating garden! Currently growing garlic. Need lots of it for my health potions :)

13. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Hmmm. Floating garden. What a great idea.

14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

It got deleted... I saw the title but when I clicked on it... it went nowhere... o_O

Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it did get deleted but I can re-think it to get some ideas out being more considerate ;)

16. digriz

digriz Avatar

I see they removed the word flakiness from your post? Or was that you? Shame you have to walk on eggshells, or the saying goes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts regardless.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol yes well I do get carried away quite often;). I still will wish for better episode 2 funding ideas. Oh and thank you too. I will keep trying I'm sure ;):rolleyes:

18. digriz

digriz Avatar

I don't think you got carried away at all, your post was informative and constructive. Its what people in here always ask for people to post. I'm guessing it just didn't fit their narrative, hence the censorship. You did nothing wrong. You're merely trying to ensure the games longevity with passion and enthusiasm. Its a shame that enthusiasm is being stifled.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Chatele and majoria70 like this.
  19. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Nothing gets completely deleted anymore, just saying :rolleyes:

20. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think they would help themselves out by making a list of what each episode brings and try to commit to it.

For example. Ep 2 - Bug fixes, enhancements, New Islands and Player Dungeons
    Ep 3 - Ships, Ship combat
    Ep 4 - Collaboration with EA to provide crossover to Britannia and co-promote EA Ultima game
    Ep 5 - New Magic System

But that makes too much sense

3devious and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.