Boats for EP2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; You hit it on the head. I had suggested they buy the EA rights to Old Brittania which would have been cheaper than making a new land mass. That would have brought back or brought over a lot of UO players and given them a source of new income. If boats could sail in UO many years ago what is so difficult about doing it here. R/Boris/El Pirata

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’d be willing to bet, they did at least attempt to possibly use some of the intellectual property of the Ultima rights, which EA obviously owns, but couldn’t come to an agreeable contract.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

If I recall correctly those negotiations occurred way way back during early early planning.

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

They may be dipping their toes in when it comes to stretch goals. I still have my admiral's hat, outfits, and boats from the first boating stretch goal run. I assume that they may be trying to serialize stretch goals now to be a bit more conservative.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

1st are we getting boats in eps2, devs have been very silent on the sub..

I kinda think you could walk to a water scene and click enter, then youd zone in on ur boat.

6. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Would love boating to be like "sea of theives"

Sea Bear and Boris Mondragon like this.
  7. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I sure hope this rune book idea is not being let out as a way to completely do away with the idea of making boats usable. We all were clearly given the idea that we would be able to use our pledge boats in the near future. (like the next episode) this was discussed and passed about by tons of us and the development team as well. While not promised it has clearly been a direction the game has been moving in since early on.
    To me and many of the players I have played with since early on, it would be another bigtime let down.
    As far as stretch goals go...
    I hate them because they are never achieved and to me they are ridiculously insulting. Having something to ride around on or help move your stuff with or the ability to go out on the water and fight sea monsters. pirates, and other waring groups of players, just seems so much just a basic part of a game.

Especially after all the years a lot of us played UO! There has to be a better way to fund this game?

Now I will go back to reading the rest of the post on this topic and see how much of an ass I have made of myself.

8. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Majoria, I could not have expressed my feelings any better!
    Thank You +1000

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Ok that was quick, … Speaking from the many, many late night and all day talks I have had with dozens of players who know members of the development team well and/or live near or close to Austin, or maybe went to the LOTM/DUKE tours and some of the SOTA CON type events held over the last few years. Episode 2 was to be the water expansion.

But then again some even said that the next new land mass would be to the south of Ardoris, then subsequent land masses would rotate in a clockwise fashion around the original land mass Novia and Hidden Vale as Episodes 3-5 came out. That looks to be some incorrect information at this point as well, not that I gave a hoot about that.

Personally, I wished I would have read this thread a few days ago, before I let myself get fired up again about going out sailing and fighting sea creatures, and other groups of players when Episode 2 comes out. Frack it, I even bought 4 water lot deeds this week, ... what a dumbass I am. Every time I get hopes up,...
    Time to go to bed.

Boris Mondragon and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.