Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bone Armor...a step in the right direction

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Phoenix2, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

I just want to give me thoughts and opinion on the Bone Armor.

This is exactly what this game needs! We need more group type, rare spawn content to give folks the incentive to group and to accomplish things. Long term goals if you will. We need many more carrots in the game like this please!

Now I know there are comments about the base stats of the armor pieces, but to me, that can be addressed if it really is that bad. But please continue to develop content that is group and goal oriented! I've been grouping with my guild mates more now than any other time playing the game because of this content!

2. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Agreed. This was needed and is enjoyable. A large part of the fun isn't even getting the drop itself, it's the anticipation and this was sorely missing before. I'd like to see even more things like this added in future releases maybe even per release, but for now this is a very welcome addition indeed!

3. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

I agree, this game needs more useless items that make the player waste a ton of time collecting resources for and then upon crafting realize it's the worst armor in the game. Pathetic base stats, durability NOT increased dramatically as advertised, fizzle worse than chain ... I feel bad for the suckers spending all their time collecting the mats. Only good for a halloween costume, if you're into that kind of thing.

Olthadir likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I agree we need more group content, and i think the idea of the bone armor is good, the actual implementation - meh.
    Now instead of just needing to farm things, we need to get a GROUP to farm things.
    Which would be great if the reward was decent, but nope...mediocre gear subject to same rng and breakage crap as everything else. Trophy piece, nothing more.

5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

I agree this is a great step but still need a bit of tweeking. like the mobs that drop the harder stuff (the none skelly bones) need to have a better drop rate. We are already fighting a boss so the drop rate needs to be better. Most bosses have a bigger timer to respawn and unlike skellies they are more rare to find.
    I would like to see dragon scale armor next though for heavy armor users. many of the heavy users are mad about this armor being close to thiers. I know in time things like this are coming and I look forward to them.
    One thing that must be considered is that many players like me have a higher crafting level than adventuring. I thought the game was crafter based mostly but it looks like I get punished if I do not go out and kill all day taking me away from the mines/trees ect. When considering the components players like me have to me counted in also. Not every player spends all day killing and leveling combat skills. In fact if i did not mine all day I would not be able to raise my crafting skills or make anything at all.

Leelu and jammaplaya like this.
  6. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

im sure an endgame heavy armor is in the works.

I hope it will be dragon armor.

The dynamic could be that it is lightweight, high dura, more DR than any other heavy armor, but even harder to get than bone armor and also including carpentry in the crafting.

Zader, Spoon and uhop like this.
  7. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

Good thinking. I would like to see also attunements for the whole set based on the colors of the sacles used. I.E. green dragon scales earth attunement.

Zader and jammaplaya like this.
  8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

oh heck yeah

9. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I will hold all my criticism or lack there of , until the next set comes out. Skelly stuff is not my cup of tea. Yes a little rough around the edges, but the implementation aspect is a great start. Yes that stats are not fantastical, but perhaps the next set will knock it out of the park. If the goal is to get others communicating and working together this did that.

Zader likes this.
  10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

Good point. And lets not forget even this set may be improved. Also the drop rates ect. But at least they started and lay'd down a framework.

Zader and Leelu like this.
  11. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

After crafting my first piece of Bone Armor today I have to say I'm utterly underwhelmed :-/
    Still like the idea of a harder to farm Armor as a long term goal, but the stats are just... meh. I didn't expect anything that makes my other armor choices obsolete, but as it is now I see no reason to ever craft that thing other than "for fun" or "because I can". :/

Anyway, stats can be tweaked, so probably I just need some patience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.