1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Response 67527] Bonesteel dagger Quest

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Batlin88, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

1. Deliver Dagger to Arie
    2. Yes
    3.Partial
    4. I do not have the bone steel dagger from the Deliver the dagger to Arie. Unable to backtrack and reaquire the dagger and is not anywere in inventory
    5.n/a
    6. 16gb ram, i5 4690k, GTX 970, Windows 10

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you see the yellow quest items in your inventory?

3. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

Yes, but no dagger

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think you CAN backtrack and get the dagger. you can't get into the blood river massacre version anymore, but there's someone to talk to in the normal version of blood river. ..at least you used to.

5. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

Yeah, i went to Robert Villines in blood river and he just does a brief talk thanking me and closes the chat after a brief couple seconds

6. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

Back Tracked to every NPC in the quest line (except for solice bridge, as it is a different scene from original) have not found anyone that would replace the dagger.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you playing a very old character? Or a newly created one?

8. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

An old character, as in i started back in may 2017

Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s the problem then.... fairly sure of that.

10. Batlin88

Batlin88 Avatar

Oh, well RIP Village deed for completing the story quest them :(

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Batlin88 contact support: support@portalarium.com I believe they might be able to reset that flag on your character, unless you have already finished that part of the main quest.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can also reset all your quests yourself, although it can only be done once per character. old characters coming in again with old versions of quests is exactly why that was made possible.

if you want to do that hit the blue gear in the upper right after you log in but before you hit resume.

13. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report, @Batlin88 ! Added as issue #67527

Alley Oop is correct in that Robert Villnes should give you the bonesteel dagger if you lost it somehow. (You have to say "bonesteel dagger" to him.) Because he didn't, I have some questions. It may take me some time to look into this, but the answers here should help me solve this issue.
    1. Are you playing on a trial account?
    2. When you return to Robert Villnes in Blood River and say "hello" what does he say back to you? The first 7 or so words is fine, or a screenshot. (Robert says different things depending on your quest state.)
    3. When you say "bonesteel dagger" to Robert, what does he say in response? (If you don't have the dagger and aren't playing on a trial account, he should give it to you.)

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.