Bookstores Temporarily Closed for Remodelling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Womby, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Due to the increasing number of book titles available and limited vendor space, Vyrin and I have decided to remodel and rationalize our bookstores. In future only one store will carry all titles - that will be the one in the New Britannia Markets. Any additional bookstores in other locations will specialize, carrying only a specific subset of titles.

In addition, due to the close proximity of the Central Brittany bookstore to the main store in the New Britannia Markets, the store in Central Brittany will close. This will significantly reduce our ongoing workload.

This reorganization will take some time, and we apologize for the interruption to service.

2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Womby,

Many thanks to you and Vyrin for the library in the Outlander Welcome Center. Having this resource is valuable for new arrivals and I wish there were a way to 'count' the number of patrons to measure success. I hope you maintain your presence in the OWC and am always interested in discussing ways to make the library more valuable/attractive to new arrivals as well as keeping it low maintenance for you.

Cheers!

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Sorry to hear that, this one was fairly close to my house so I'd stop in regularly to check out the new volumes. I'll have to check out the NB Markets.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Womby like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I believe books are down at the moment while they restock and reorganize to avoid the duplication of locations/work, so the New Britannian Market location might be understocked still. Soon :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Womby like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yeah, I meant when the bookstores reopen. ;)

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks for recognizing that. For many reasons, it just takes a ton of time to run something like this. Right now, I am looking at HOURS of work just to record a couple hundred sales over the past few months. It usually takes HOURS to stock a vendor. Many in-game deficiencies contribute to it. BUT that's a whole other issue I'm not going to expound on again!

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I understand you pain. Last month was going to be vendor UI updates but I don't see them in q3 at all now. @DarkStarr please read the above comment by @Vyrin. Is the vendor polish happening in the near future? It makes a big difference to our in game workload.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.