Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Boss damage increased?

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by The Banker, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Taking significantly more damage from bosses in 698

Is that intentional or is something broken?

2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Seems even more in 698 and 699 I make significantly less damage to them :(

3. Beli

Beli Avatar

Torc is criting from 500 to 600 now. I dont think ppl will be soloing him anymore.

11/20/2017 9:31:23 PM] Torc'Dawl the Broken attacks Robert Frost and hits, dealing 184 points of damage from Ground Pound.
    [11/20/2017 9:31:23 PM] Torc'Dawl the Broken attacks Trokip McLarren and hits, dealing 345 points of critical damage from Ground Pound.
    [11/20/2017 9:31:23 PM] Torc'Dawl the Broken attacks Malimn Calfyre and hits, dealing 444 points of critical damage from Ground Pound.
    [11/20/2017 9:31:23 PM] Torc'Dawl the Broken attacks Califen al'Crunch and hits, dealing 545 points of critical damage from Ground Pound.

I could not keep up on healing them all

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

The Dragon crits for well over 500 as well now on a regular basis. I think it might be due to some avoidance changes and some skills not properly mitigating crits (I know they mentioned this with Death Shield, maybe there are more).

FrostII likes this.
  5. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I forgot I had the Gambler Ring on when I engaged him, check this one out:

[​IMG]

My full Focus and then Health went down to only 200 left after one swipe critical while wearing the gambler ring. I took that sucker off quick. That's 985 damage (Focus Transfer 1 on Air Shield).

FrostII likes this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Firefly increase your enemy critical hits, due to a bug. That's probably an explanation of this.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Figures......

8. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Crits for both Torc Dawl and Dragons is out of control. To get hit or an 800+ Crit and then have to make up the Experience Point losses is a game killer and it has nothing to do with fireflys but bad programing,

Malimn and FrostII like this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well, on one side you have people complaining bosses should be harder and not soloable, and now they are, and here is the other side of complaints from that action. The shoe that fits one pinches another, there is no recipe for life that suits all. _ Carl Jung. Maybe they should have just left it alone instead of listening to people who cant kill it anyways.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't use Fireflies, it's broken.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I can still solo the dragon, but it is harder, and I am not using fireflies. The changes to fortify and glancing blow, and death shield being bugged and not working on crits could be the culprit. I will make another video later and post it.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The problem with this is that the loot dropped by the bosses is pretty mediocre - its possible to farm for hours and get absolutely nothing worthwhile before, by miracle, you get something decent.
    This was fine if you could solo it 20 times per hour as people do, but it makes them completely pointless for anyone who can't steamroll it. Furthermore, there is no incentive whatsoever for people to group up and try to take it down, with significant risk of death and hours of xp grind lost, in order to try and split the 500 gold worth of loot that it might drop.

By making them hit hard enough to nearly 1-shot players who aren't at extremely high levels, they've just been eliminated as part of gameplay for all but the elite. So the elite have to solo it more carefully now, but non-elite people teaming up to take it down will have no chance whatsoever and even if they did the loot would be an insult.

It would make more sense to come up with boss mechanics that make solo more difficult in such a way that didn't also cripple and discourage group play even more so than it already is. Making it hit hard enough to decimate a player in a single (or 2) blows is the wrong direction - giving it substantially more health and making a solo takedown take longer /would have been a better option and encouraged the inviting of other players to dps. Yes, people would still solo it, but focus and attention would become more of an issue. An even better idea would be to give everyone their own loot roll as is done with some chests, to further encourage cooperation.

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  13. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Mac,

When a Dragon with 6 people fighting it hits with a 826HP Crit and the average hit for the Dragons is 250 every 2 seconds and 6 people with adventuring levels in the 90's to 100's, 3 healers and 3 mellee and each of them is dying an average of 3 or 4 times before they decide to just hang it up, then there is a significant problem. When the Dragon Crits at a rate of 45% and a vast majority of those Crits hit for 450 - 800 HP every 2 seconds, there is a problem. And no one in the group was using fireflys. Basically with the stupidity of Experience Point Loss and the ridiculous Crit hits no one even wants to join parities any longer to fight any of the bosses. I realize that is great for those who have 100 or more GM.s and have a well trained Healer with them or just Solo since they can no farm all the artifacts on their own. Sadly however there will be a time when they will be the only ones left in the game. So who determines how big the group needs to be to kill it? 6 people?, 8 people? 20 people?

Are we trying to say that there should be only a few major bosses and thy should only be able to be done by large groups and those who can solo it due to their spending 24 seven in the game? In between that we would only have boring grinding do it yourself low level MOBS? That is what it is now. All the reward is on the major bosses, those who solo them get all the reward and artifacts. Do you really expect people to continue hanging around for that? I have watched as fewer and fewer people want to even try to fight a major boss. Now either because of Experience Point loss or way too many high hit Crits. The fun for a vast majority of us is group play not solo grinding. That group play no longer exists. No one feels that spending hour upon hour just making up for what one has lost by dying is somehow FUN. The challenge is determination in finding a way to defeat a major boss. But now one does not even stay alive for 6 seconds worth of hits to make it even worthwhile.

There is one recipe that fits every game no mater what the game. Make it FUN. Once you cross the line of making it a chore, making it about punishments instead of reward, taking away the fun of playing as a group then you are right and it is impossible to please everyone. This has become ans issue of trying to make the Major Bosses to tough for the highest level players to defeat solo and all that has been accomplished is to make it impossible for groups to defeat them while the high level players just resort to taking along a highly skilled healer.

Mototopo, Beli, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I know, this is exactly was I was trying to stop and was arguing against for the exact reasons you are saying here. here is my previous post about this.
    "If you make it impossible for me to solo, its just pretty much impossible and becomes pointless content in the game. Already with the last changes to fortify defenses and the avoidance skill changes, only a few people can solo the low dragon in southern grunvald. You want to give something that can hit for 600+ damage a healing debuff, who is ever going to be able to kill it then, even with a party, do you see what I'm saying?"

"I am probably one of the tankiest players in the game, I also have all my heals GMed. What I am saying is, if something blows me up, no one is going to be able to take that damage. Don't try and give me sarcasm and BS about this like I'm trying to think only for myself. This will effect everyone who ever tries it. Don't want to see that, and want to attack me for what I'm trying to say, fine."

"If you make it so I cannot survive the damage, pretty much no one can survive the damage. My defensive skills are 120 death shield, 120 def stance, 120 glancing blow, 120 fortify def, 100 parry, 100 offhand defense, 103 sympathy of stone, 100 bulwark of earth, 100 in all stats, 100 in healthy and heightened awareness, 100 in all fire skills, 120 in 6 ice skills and 100 in the rest , 100 in all shield skills and I am level 120. All my heals are gmed or above.

Know what, screw it, go ahead, buff the dragon so only a party of level 110+ can kill it with some uber tank person, I don't care, I am only trying to keep it so the casuals have a chance, but I am just getting attacked for trying to help them. Blow your own foot off, would just be another example of people complaining about the top people and getting things changed that effect everyone effectively shutting the door behind the top people, again.i

And now, what I said has come true. As you can tell, I was arguing against it. There is a lot more then that on that thread about this, I am just letting you know I was trying really hard to keep this from happening, and not for my own sake, but for the more casual players.

Mototopo and Trihugger like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

There have been a lot of ways other games have handled this sort of thing - ie,
    Group content mobs have so much health that group DPS is almost a requirement to get it dead in a reasonable amount of time. What if it flew off if you couldnt kill it in 10 minutes? Then figure out how much damage a single ridiculously tweaked high level can output in 10 minutes and give it twice that much HP. With our current skill system there is of course still possibility of solo, but what if the boss got a debuff of some sort based on the number of people attacking it, making a group endeavour (an ACTIVE group endeavour, not a soloist with an entourage of alts...) almost essential? What if everyone got their own loot roll? Another method is using a quest flag so that the dragon only drops loot once per (whatever desired period) for particular individuals, that would stem the flow significantly and allow the loot to be improved where the dragon's dropping something worthwhile every time. Sure, you'd still have soloists making their daily rounds but not killing it every 2 minutes over and over farming endless piles of loot by sheer force of will. I'm one of those players that COULD solo the dragon but never thought it was worth the effort to do so because I could make more money/xp in the same amount of time doing something else with significantly less risk - it simply took me too long to take it down.

Last but not least, the insult of "exp loss on death" is the biggest detriment to players grouping up and attempting to learn/wipe to content when the reward for success is so so very not worth the risk. Making content intended for players level 100+ that can potentially kill them just seems a bit pointless.

The content needs to be designed around what an AVERAGE GROUP can take down and the loot should be commensurate to the effort. If you want to limit soloists, there's plenty of ways to do that without making it impossible for everyone else. Its not just "people are soloing it, make it hit harder" - people will still solo it, or at best, the people who could solo it will now duo it, and everyone else is left completely in the dust. Killing a dragon should be an epic event, an epic achievement for a group of players, not a chore you do every 5 mins while watching netflix.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Except for the chance to get higher-end artifacts.

17. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

I agree here completely. The more difficult they make it for a high level player like yourself the more difficult they make it for even a group of even medium level group of players (8 max) to defeat those Bosses. It becomes a self defeating system which it is now. Again we able to get a group of 8 together fairly easily, Now however, since Experience Point Loss and now extremely high Crits, it is virtually impossible to get any groups together. At the most we may get 5 or 6 but even then we can no longer do the major Bosses. It is sad when players just do not want to participate because they do not want to waste their time.

Agreed 100% And based on the changed make to the system, there will be very few people who can reach having anywhere near 120 in any skill let alone three. It sounds like you have a good understanding of how many of us at lower and medium levels of this game are suffering under the existing system. It is frustrating because it seems to many of us that the Developers are totally ignoring our concerns. Take as an example the 42 page post on Experience Point Loss. Even though the numbers would indicate that 80% or more of the players who are affected by this craziness just want it totally removed. And what do we get for that effort? A change in being resurrected by a healer cuts it in half. That kind of decision shows a total lack of understanding of how players are playing is groups. The change is so minimal in its affect on players that is embarrassing that someone would have even come up with it.

I hope you will keep trying to convince the Developers that they are headed in some dangerous directions. When you put players in a position that they spend days on end not moving ahead and in many cases falling further behind where they were a few days earlier. When it takes 2 hours for a mid level player to make up what they lost in one death and they only can play 2 hours per day, there are going to be fewer and fewer players.

Mototopo, FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The devs were responding to all the complaints about people being able to solo the bosses. I seriously had someone actually phone one of the devs after seeing me solo the dragon. As you can see from some of those quoted responses I had there, I was getting attacked, saying I am just trying to defend my power, blah blah blah. I just want the game to succeed, I love this game, and I think it could be something great and unique. I try to be objective, and try and keep in mind other players, I try and help as many people as I can. Sometimes it can be frustrating when I start getting attacked, called an exploiter, saying I'm defending my power, I do not share knowledge. Makes me want to stop coming on the forums, but then I remember some of the ideas being posted, and that some of those things will influence the devs just like this, and it keeps me posting and trying to show the other side of things.

Gamician and amarious like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Holding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.