Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bots Will Rule This Game

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Teralitha Tokomi, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Solo static spawns, static resources, static breakable containers, all respawning on a timer... It wont take long til bots take control of all those things. And then the gold seller spam will begin. As long as the game has those things bots will be here. Seen it happen in other games. Ban them and they just come back with new accounts. In a casual gamers market, gold sellers always have plenty of customers.

The way this game is set up, it will be infested with bots and gold sellers in no time.

Suggestion to correct these issues to prevent bots/goldsellers

1. No static breakable containers. Get rid of them. Its not a single player game is it? Dont need em. Plus its immersion breaking for one player to loot all of them and then another player finds a bunch of broken containers all over with nothing in them.

2. Static resources for crafting. Rotate the spawns randomly both in timing and positions.. This will hinder any macro or bots. Pl;us if you add in roving patrols this will also hinder bots following static resources.

3. Static spawns. Obviously you cant get rid of static spawns, but what you Can do is make static spawns so difficult that they cant be soloed be similar leveled players, and then add in roving spawns so if someone of high level does camp a spawn, they will get piled on by roving patrol spawns(with no loot drops or very little) in the same area making it highly inefficient to "camp" a spawn solo as a bot.

Some casual solo players will cry about it, but I assure you they wont quit playing because of the difficulty. No one quit EQ because they had to group with anyone. Tough love is good for em. I mean you want this to be a highly social ghame right? Well how can it be social if everyone can do everything by themselves? Make the game harder to the point of needing groups for static spawns.

Its better to implement good ideas now rather than later after you realize your mistakes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Maybe. The spawns and resources are not exactly static, as they randomize which spawn point is utilized and which creature or node is spawned. Still bottable, but not as easy.

At $45 a pop, I'm fine with them doing so. Just goes to make the game better, and they continue to get banned.

Honestly, this isn't a big deal to me since I'm playing FPO most of the time. They take nothing from my play, and I have no intention of using their services.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Have you seen the marketplace? I believe that day is already here.

One of the things I like about SOTA however is that it's out in the open, and joe average player is completing directly with gold sellers. I think this competition does two things that are very healthy for the game.

1. It keeps prices down.
    2. It allows Portalarium to see who's selling what and match that up against how that's being obtained in the game. (meaning it should be much easier to ban people using bots to obtain wealth).

4. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Indifference is not a solution. Obviously you have never played a game where bots control everything... the spawns... the markets.. even pvp...

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Incorrect. It does not keep prices down, it inflates them insanely high, making people want to use the service of gold sellers even more. Its a trap for the casual player.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Beat me to it.

Mac2, Sean Silverfoot and iansmellios like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

I disagree. It's my understanding that when supply increases, demand decreases. Are you using a different economic formula to reach your conclusion?

Brass Knuckles, Mac2, Leelu and 4 others like this.
  8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

1) Supply shouldn't have a direct effect on demand. Demand is constant with respect to supply.
    2) When supply of currency (gold) increases, prices increase, demand being equal.

9. Drocis the Devious

A more practical answer then...

I've personally seen the price of cash for gold go down the more people that were selling it in the marketplace.

10. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Your not thinking clearly. Its the supply of money that increases. Not items. And that only makes prices go up. Which makes people(casuals) want to buy the currency since they are not able to put in the time to work for their wealth.

I shouldnt have to explain this, there are literally dozens of examples out there in games overrrun by bots and gold sellers using the same systems as this game is. People are already camping spawns and breakable containers and resource points 24/7. Are they bots? Or are they players? How can you tell?

11. Drocis the Devious

Also...

If there is an increase in supply for goods and services while demand remains the same, prices tend to fall to a lower equilibrium price and a higher quantity of goods and services. If there is a decrease in supply for goods and services while demand remains the same, prices tend to rise to a higher equilibrium price and a lower quantity of goods and services.

Read more: How does the law of supply and demand affect prices? | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...ly-and-demand-affect-prices.asp#ixzz4Y1UPS1iV
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Leelu likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Interesting theory, however that's not what's happening in our game. When players have to compete against each other, they undercut their competition. The in-game gold cost them nothing but time to produce so the sky is really the limit on what they will sell it for (based on demand).

If there were more demand (i.e. we had a huge population of players that all wanted gold, sure you might see a huge increase in price that adjusts to the market demands, but it would still go up and down with supply).

I don't understand why you're trying to argue against basic economic theory, that's not really an argument you can win.

Leelu and Sheamus McGuinness like this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ah wonderful! Lords and ladys: a new crusader entered the field! This will be entertaining.

To topic. I really see it the way Drocis and Browncoat see it.
    But your ideas are good non the less because they would fight the mindless repetition this game is about at the moment.
    If they make a bots life harder as well, be my guest.

14. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

And you know what the gold sellers do dont ya? They go around buying up all the cheap supplies and then resell them at much higher prices. People then cant find cheap resources so they either try to collect them themselves only to find no resource nodes because bots camp them all. So they are forced to pay the high prices for resources or spend hours searching for resources that are not camped. OR buy gold from the gold seller and then buy the gold sellers resources.

These gold sellers are not stupid you know... they know how to game systems and have been doing it for decades.

15. Drocis the Devious

You can dislike gold sellers all you want. But they're in every game. It's a reality of the world we live in.

The more competition the better it is for the consumer though. That's just a fact.

Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  16. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

LOL.... the competition only benefits the gold sellers. Thats just a fact.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That is unlikely to happen. Unlikely like in: never.

iansmellios likes this.
  18. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

And why is it unlikely? its more like... inevitable.

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Sure. If they manage to get their bots into my spon or fpon game.... Which is... Unlikely to happen ;-)

Ravalox, iansmellios and x_Selene_x like this.
  20. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Not really sure what that even means

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.