Botting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Is there any way for you guys to catch people doing this in single player mode? Worried it will ruin the economy.

liz_the_wiz and Mac2 like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

The devs say they have tools to detect botting.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

over the last year there have been various posts (I think all from Chris) who despondently has reported chucking out big bunches of people for doing so. Is their auto capture people stuff perfect? maybe not. but, as much as game companies put in time and effort to catch them, the botters put as much time and effort into not being caught.. so are there some element of botters out there? probably. But port certainly seem to do be trying hard to keep it to as few as possible.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Every online game has botters, it's pretty unavoidable. Shroud has the benefit of not having a subscription so they don't lose revenue by bringing down the hammer on botters. Going to put on my tinfoil hat for a second, but I get the feeling some companies are hesitant to ban botters when they pay for many subscriptions.

5. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Couldn't matter less with the state of the current economy. Feel free to browse my past (but fairly recent) posts on why that is.

Also, bots are generally allowed to exist in games for extended periods of time so they can be monitored and prevented in the future. Also big # ban waves are decent press for games that still get press.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.