Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brewing "Crafted by" On Finished Product

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Fruck, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

So while its brewing the casks say "Crafted by <player name>" but the finished product just says "Brittany Ale" it no longer has a crafted by... In my opinion this really hurts the whole point of this. Currently you cant even sell the whole keg and there is no way to guarantee someone gets the real deal of Fruck Awesome Ale!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if it has crafted by markers, it won't stack.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  3. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Well they need to fix either the stacking or ability to sell the cask. Having no differentiation for who made something really reduces the appeal of this - to me at least.

4. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Wow, hugely disappointing and agree it kind of defeats the purpose. I get that there are stacking concerns but without a maker's label we are just getting a few more food buff items, it seems. I would hazard a guess the brewers out there would rather get 40 individual beers in their inventory and dealing with it rather than us all selling the same couple of generic beers/wines/spirits with absolutely no way to distinguish them.

I was not expecting anything too crazy with brewing, but labeling or a maker's mark I thought would be a bare minimum feature. @DarkStarr please consider having this looked at sometime or let us know if that is something slated for down the road.

The basic bones of brewing I am actually good with - a bit simple, but neat with the casks, aging and such. If the intent is to keep these generic so they can stack and just be another food buff it misses the mark for me, so really hoping this is a first iteration time/resource issue and not a specific design choice.

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

That's a huge disappointment! I already made contracts with suppliers and was going to advertise the brands of the delicious quality drinks that will be served at my tavern.

And I wanted to buy whole casks!

Please reconsider this decision, it really makes this feature so much less fun and less meaningful.

Olthadir, Fei Akhart and FrostII like this.
  6. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

As a note, currently there is no "food buff" either - just different intoxication levels - harder stuff gets you more drunk - thats it.

nonaware and FrostII like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I too have waited and dreamed of becoming a master brewer - while never imagining that my name would not appear on the finished product.
    Dear @DarkStarr - please tell me this is in the works .

8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm sorry but it's been going around my brain for a day or two, so I have to ask. What is the point of brewing as its being implemented?

From what I can see with no unique skill line or station, no buffs, other than being drunk, and currently no stack. Is it just an npc sell gold sink?

9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

its a novelty deco piece roleplay tool that seems to be all.

Olthadir and Brewton like this.
  10. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

It is neither novel nor a role play item without a maker's mark or label. We already have generic mugs of beer and bottles of wine.

Apologies, I should not be so glib given this is stuff still on test and it is unknown what future plans are, and knowing this one aspect may not be important at all to many or most avatars. However, it is tough to hide my initial disappointment since this is pretty central to my character in game.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

How about this as a way to add maker's marks to stacked craftables:

Add a way to create a label stamp. This would be a new "tool" that you can optionally include in a recipe (like Fertilizer is shown in agriculture). The stamp can be renamed, and will default to "<CharacterName>'s". When this is included in the process, it appends this label to the name of the crafted item, which will then stack with any of the same item name.

Thus, you can have stacks of "Helvig's Brittany Ale" or "Albrecht Brittany Ale" or just "Brittany Ale". Server-side, these would just have an extra pointer to the tool to pull from. The only reasons this would be different from being able to directly rename the goods is that 1: players can't pass off your goods as their own by renaming them, and 2: renaming the tool renames all of the resulting items, so there are not millions of single-object-stacks floating around the world.

12. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I agree - unless you just display the casks as those can have Heraldry and look fancy. So there is that at least....

FrostII likes this.
  13. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

But why would anyone wish to buy it?

I appreciate the roll play aspect, I enjoy my virtual house and garden and without looking to deeply into brewing, but letting my imagination wander, was looking forward to it.

But I'm just not getting generic ale, wine or spirits, that are not unique to the maker, have no specific skill set to influence quality and have no buffs.

I'm baffled to be honest. I didn't play UO, I'm speculating here that Brewing was something special there and people were looking forward to something similar?

nonaware and Fruck like this.
  14. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

But Heraldry costs real money, just to look fancy. :(

15. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Yeah, those heraldry cask purchases for my brewery and the towns I was going to supply kind of went out the window.

FrostII and Steevodeevo like this.
  16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

:(

FrostII likes this.
  17. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

That is a lovely idea Jayson.

FrostII likes this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Getting the system in place, and then functioning correctly allows them to then expand upon it.

nonaware and Olthadir like this.
  19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

OK I get that, any idea what's planned?

I've found a reference to "no magic brews initially" ... So that means magic brews..at some point? That's promising.

But as implemented, there's no unique workstation and no skill path, that has to be the concern. But I guess this can still be managed from the Cooking skill tree as another branch?

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would rather brewing get shelved for a release, and have some or all of its current deficiencies dealt with. I fear that otherwise, it'll be put in to say, "See? Brewing." and not get an update for a very long time. Which might have been fine pre-release, but it makes the game look second-rate at a really bad time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.