Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brewing Numbers - LOL I Like money

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Lhamabomb, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

So my beer kegs came up today, and while i was waiting on the last hour, i figured i'd crunch numbers. OH boy, get ready to sell off those cotton seeds folks. Brewmastery is where it is!!!

Ok, so let's start with the numbers people know - Cotton

Seeds are sold for 16g, you get an avg of 9 cotton per plant (if you're a studious water-er), cotton sells for 4g per, avg profit per seed - 20g, less if you buy water

Brewing

Note: Cask's are reusable so i didn't factor their material costs into these numbers, they'll more than pay for themselves.

Hops, Barley, and Wheat are all same tier, same price, 16g. Catching every water, you'll avg 16 crops per seed.
    All of the recipes equal out to the same amount of "crops" total (25), just different amounts and types. The simplest one would appear to be the Drach Boch as you are only dealing with 2 crops in roughly equal amounts (Barley-15, Hops-10).

To make seed profit calc easier later, well call 25 crops= 1.5 seeds (approx). So seed cost per barrel - 1.5 x 16g = >>24g<<

Buy yeast culture outright, or if you want to try and be fancy you can do the grow your own method. I think the numbers in the other thread are a little off, but imo it's still not worth the effort... once you see the end result. Add 40g to the above. let's call it 64g per barrel if you aren't lazy and draw up all your own water.

3 days later, you get a cask of 40 beer worth 5g ea, total retail value 200g! HA psych you know vendors be stingy! Make that 4g a pop, actual retail price, 160g per barrel, netting you a profit of 96g per cask!!!

"Now hold on Lhama" I hear you saying outloud to yourself in an otherwise empty house (which, none of my business, but weird), "That doesn't sound that great"

Remember how i wanted to keep profit calc easy. 96g/1.5(seeds)= 64g profit per seed!!

Now if you'll excuse me, 900 beer casks aren't going to make themselves... (28.8k/day for those of you keeping count at home)

My name is Lhama. I like money

p.s. port, if you guys read this.... for the love of my index finger, make wells act like an infinite meticulous node that i collect from when i cancel, my poor "e" key begs of you

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Lol wells are painful

3. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Oh i just want to add, if you want to get a little more precise with the numbers, it's closer to 1.3 seeds/barrel, but i overestimated to account for just terrible luck/oops missed a water

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok @Lhamabomb - Thanks for that chuckle..... made my day ! :D

5. dayero

dayero Avatar

so how long do you need to get just a row greenhouse's water need out of a well? say 600-700 buckets a day?

6. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

This... I love farming in other games, and I love the concept of it in this one, but after spending -ten minutes- drawing water for the 32 plants in my greenhouse I decided I was done. Just not fun. I would macro it if it weren't against the rules, and farm on, but for now I've chosen to farm only for decorative purposes. If they change how watering works I would love to get into farming for fun and/or profit.

7. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

If you sit there spamming e, it takes about 5 secs per bucket. Extrapolate to hearts content.

Like i wouldn't even mind if the time remained the same. There's a lot of options to make it less painful... hell even a "draw water" skill... that agriculture tree is pretty sad looking

8. dayero

dayero Avatar

so, drawing waters earns 24g per minute or 1440 per hour and is about the most braindead thing anyone could do. So pls redo your calculations with water price included. Without they are pretty useless.

9. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Sorry... First one is free... If you'd like follow on research, i charge a bench rate of 2.5k/hour +cost of research mats.

TBH it's not like the math's even that hard if you're curious

10. mass

mass Avatar

You do realize that every craft -> sell to vendor that resulted in profit has had the loop closed by Port right? To prevent run away inflation? Maybe this one is complicated enough not to bother them...but I'd keep an eye on those vendor buy prices.

Solazur and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  11. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

My hope is the fact that there a involved process and planning to be done, the profit point is ok in their eyes. It's a lot more involved than cotton farming.

I can't imagine they'd be so shortsighted as to not see this designing the system...

Roycestein Kaelstrom and mass like this.
  12. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

If anything though, it's the time constraint that makes this an ok profit source. you aren't crafting and selling right off. you have to wait three days to get that money, you have to have space to house your kegs... i hear they age inside inventories, but don't be a lame-o, take some pride in your brewing :p

And like i said above, it takes forethought. And it's a hook. It keeps you coming back. "One more turn" effect. That would be my best guesses

13. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

So i'm feeling nice and he piqued my interest, so in honor of the holiday- BREWING WITH VENDOR WATER!!

Recap
    64g invest
    160g sale
    96g profit

So how lazy are we talking? We just buying water to fill barrels?
    64g+20g=84g investment

160g-84g=76g profit
    76/1.5=50g per seed profit

Still a win in my book.

Water seeds
    Add 8g, so 92g invest.

160g-92g=68g profit
    68g/1.5=45g per seed profit

I'm looking into the yeast thing atm, i think it might actually be economical enough to slighty offset the cost of buying water to fill barrels, but regardless, even being moderately lazy, it's still twice as good as cotton... Stay Tuned! MTF

Edit Note: Keep in mind, that 1.5 seed amount is an over approximation and, if you plant in the proper ratios (60%barley/40%hops) you get closer to 1.3 seeds per barrel

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Crap. I have some numbers for yeast at home. Off the top of my head, it was ~16g per jar to make your own from wheat you've grown, if you draw the water yourself, and not counting the original jar of "starter" yeast. If you pay for the water, it's slightly more (something like 21g per jar, vs. 20g) than buying yeast off a vendor.

15. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Ok yeah yeast was easy math too....

Wheat yields 16 per plant. Wheat seed costs 16g.
    EZPZ we'll call it 1 for 1 (like do ppl really miss watering cycles? gitgud)

It takes 12 wheat(12g)+1 glass jar(2g) to make yeast, so 14g

22g if you buy water

It's a minmaxers dream though, if you've got the patience to draw all that water (or the bawls to be a lawbreaker and macro)you can squeeze another 12g out of each barrel.

Honestly, final opinion on yeast crafting and water drawing- Make/draw your own until you get small industrial sized (like 5k/d) then start buyingyeast/water. You'll take a profit hit, but you'll be able to scale up to cover it better

16. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

I can't wait to do Whiskey and Wine numbers!!!!

17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Just to clarify, these calculations are strictly based on selling the finished product direct to NPC merchants, right?

18. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Me2. This is good info

19. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Yup, purely vendor profit! I assume once we get some recipes that give gameplay buffs there will be some player trade value but as it sits right now, it's only value between players is RP

20. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

And if you find a vendor that'll buy em for full value (unlikely) don't forget who did ya'll good ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.