Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Brewing Numbers - LOL I Like money

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Lhamabomb, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lained

Lained Avatar

You're correct, it was the container indicator flashing when I failed to move the cask to tricked me must be a bug.

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

So after thinking about this whilst it seems more profitable it doesn't scale up. Let's ignore the time it takes to plant, water & harvest as both require the same and let's ignore the time to craft the barrels also and just focus on crafting the beer ingredients & filling the casks each at eight seconds. It'd take just under half an hour to craft 100 barrels, my farm could generate 1,600 barrels worth of ingredients a day and that'd take 7/5 hours, no thank you.

3. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

If you're generate that amount of crops, you could easily do a single round of farming for a week, pre make all the ingredients in that same moment, and only have to worry about refilling casks as they pop. Frees your farm up for other activities and you can still catch a little side income from brewing.

I get that it's not for everyone. At the end of the day, it's content. I like that there's a semi involved process that actually has some wiggle room. With all the different variations in mats, the profit point swings 40-50g depending on what you do/are willing to do.

At 300 cask a day buying all the water, you pull down about 20k... You're saying 300 kegs would take about 1.5 hours to fill? For reference, my main source of income currently is mining, either elysium or etcetr crag. I can average roughly 200 ore per hour if i focus, selling on avg for ~4k/100. 12k for mining in the same amount of time

4. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

plus the added time need for finding a player vendor and getting back to the mines. I usually offload when i hit 1k in silver/gold, which takes about 5-6 hours

5. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

Lhamabomb, I'm curious on how many hours do you put in to produce the casks and 28k gold per day? I've read on the other brewing thread and it's a very tedious process and time consuming just to make one beer cask.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Nice, some good math here. I will try this out, see what 2 days of plants will get me, try and get some numbers for time it takes for creation of it.

7. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

I must reiterate, The cask item itself is reusable. Once you empty the beer out, all you have to do it put a fresh batch of ingredients back in. The cask will always be a beer cask, but it will ALWAYS be.

It all boils down to routine. This isn't a drop in/drop out profit style. It takes some setup, but once you're rolling, you can pick up steam quickly. the 28k/day i mentioned in the OP wasn't accounting for things like how god awfully long 3000 water would have taken to draw, so i conceded that after a certain production rate, it makes more sense to buy water. So 300 barrels a day buying all water comes out to 20,400g/day

mass likes this.
  8. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Ok... i went over the wheat>yeast numbers again... there's something to look at here

My simple math was too simple. Let try it a different way:

it takes 12 wheat to make a yeast. Wheat plant gives 16. This means for every 3 seeds you plant, you'll get an extra yeast. so time for some fun math

3 seeds- 48g (yield 48 wheat-4 yeast-2 casks)
    12 water- 24g

Now if we take those two numbers and smash em together, we get 72g. We need to find out how much total we are spending on each wheat crop, so we go

48(crops)/72g(cost)= 1.5g per wheat

Now multiply that by 12(amount needed for one yeast) to get 18g... plus the glass jar (2g)- 20g... and that's buying vendor water for the wheat.

So as it turns out, you can't do worse than buying vendor yeast. Leaves open some interesting possibilities.

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I enjoy everyone's analyses on this. It surely open up more option to those who want to focus on agriculture and brewery as a day to day game play.

Lhamabomb and Jaesun like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Or you know, you could just brew for the fun of it and forget profit

moxiepilot, Jaesun and CatweazleX like this.
  11. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

But But But

[​IMG]

Mac2 likes this.
  12. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Small note: I get a few seeds back from harvest. ~ 6% (not a hard number, got this from ~ 500 seeds planted), so wheat seeds costs ~ 15g.
    Still not worth the effort to make yeast....

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  13. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

eh idk as much as "not worth the effort". I'm still of the mindest that if you're just a fledling brewer making a handful of kegs a day, making yeast/drawing your own water is how you squeeze every last gp out of your barrels. If you draw all the water for the yeast wheat, it opens up like a 12g cost savings per barrel.

14. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

And yeah, i specifically didn't factor in seed return as it's unreliable. It's a nice little bonus though.

15. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I don't get this. I get 16 wheat/barley/hops from a seed, need 24 for edelmann -> exactly 1.5 seeds per beer, slightly more for other kinds (-1 if you count the harvested seeds).

16. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Because in reality, you're not using "one and a half seeds". You're using 14 crops from one seed and 8 crops from another. so one hops plant will do 2 barrels, however, you're going to keep having remainder on barley, 2 each round. after 7 seeds, you get a freebie. Stuff like that pulls the prices down but again, there's a lot of variables, like missing water or rngeesus waking up and deciding she doesn't like your face today

17. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

Oh my numbers were off, it's 18 barley and 6 hops, that's even worse... more in line with britt ale than drach bock.

Same concept though, you have partial bits of each seed left over per barrel. Eventually those leftover bit rollover into a "freebie" the way i simple mathed it. call it "planned meticulous"

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great analysis here. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the microbrew revolution.

Lhamabomb likes this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Lhamabomb So which recipe in the end do you think is the most profitable?

20. Lhamabomb

Lhamabomb Avatar

For beer, the winner would be Drach Boch. All the other recipes are too varied. honestly, it's all a matter of how much more you want to do, and by that i mean plant 2 or 3 types of seeds and figuring out the ratio you need to get a reliable number of casks per day in a single harvest. Drach bach just has the easiest numbers, 60%/40% (-ish, lean in favor of barley, maybe like 63%/37%) for planting purposes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.