1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

BrightLocker's Crowd Equity Campaign on StartEngine Adds Shroud of the Avatar Perks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are providing BrightLocker’s crowd equity campaign on StartEngine with some special in-game Shroud of the Avatar items! Support BrightLocker and you can receive the following bundle, along with many of their other offered Perks:

• Shroud of the Avatar Game Access

• Golden Viking 1-Story Village Home

• Tax Free Player Owned Town Village Lot Deed

Golden Viking 1-Story Village Home (this is NOT the same as the one for SeedInvest)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tax Free Player Owned Town Village Lot Deed
    [​IMG]

BrightLocker is a revolutionary platform that enables gamers to connect with their favorite developers and gain exclusive access and interaction as they make upcoming games.

At present, BrightLocker has over a dozen games hosted on the platform. Gamers receive exclusive content, such as unique in-game items, physical rewards and more whilst also enjoying revolutionary and unique studio interaction. This interaction comes in all varieties, from forum chats with developers to livestreams of games while they’re being made.

Visit the official BrightLocker campaign page to learn more on how their unique platform works.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Cool to see more exposure for SotA, although I'm not sure what this brings to our game other than a few new players who drop $2k on BrightLocker.

Are there any plans to add SotA to the BrightLocker system? There are some cool projects out there, like Life is Feudal MMO, Star Trek Online, and Descent Underground. Seems like a good place to get some playtesting, feedback, and offer ways to both help fund the game and get some in-game rewards.

I've been watching BrightLocker since the first beta, and its grown into quite a system for development.

Sean Silverfoot and Berek like this.
  3. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Wow, this is innovative and cool! I'm signing up for the $1,997 investment when my paycheck clears!!!

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Can you guys please tell us what percentage of a Brightlocker pledge actually goes directly to development of Shroud of the Avatar?

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Mykll like this.
  5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

hmmmm, something other than Gold would have been nice as (IMO) the gold trimmed homes should have remained just for those who backed SotA with the seedinvest. *sigh* nothing seems to stay unique does it? :-(

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I had a look and i'm obviously missing something.........I don't get it.

Pay money to have access to devs and give feedback.......shouldn't this be the other way around as in a company should be doing its own research and engaging with players for feedback. I can't see how this is a business.

But as I said, i'm obviously missing something.

7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yeah I thought people backed the game, or bought Early Access, to give such feedback. Nope, need to pay more to give other feedback now. Not all feedback methods are created equal?

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You could take SotA as an example........people handed money over mainly for “stuff”. Some thought Dev+ might be a better way to get the ear of the devs........the truth is a good idea is a good idea regardless where it comes from.

But anyway, I simply don’t understand BrightLocker as a business or why people would want to use it.......not something I’m going to part with money on.

3devious, digriz, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

This is awesome and I don't understand how you DON'T get it. I'll gladly pay a premium to have better contact with the creators of our favorite game. It being an actual investment only sweetens the deal!

I think you're making a mistake to miss out on this investment.

10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Why pay a lot of money to give feedback (that can be provided here for "free") just to have it moderated in either place?

3devious, Solazur, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

you mean like... Dev+ ?

3devious, Hornpipe, Ice Queen and 5 others like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if we already do not have access to this developers of this game then ther is even more of a problem then we thought.

Brighstar is so you have access to developers of other game or since Port is now a publisher, if they get other games.

Sorry but this is a plug for Bright star.

Gold houses should have stayed for SeeDinvest

but as stated they do not really care about rare or exclusive.

If oyu want to be a part of other games then dealing with that team should be the way not a thirds party member, It is like steam, just an intermediary for access???

Ice Queen, E n v y and Mykll like this.
  13. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Did you read their entire site? I'm feeling like you haven't read all the cool stuff that they're offering.

14. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Count me among the people who don't understand exactly what this brightlocker is or does. @Berek could you maybe give a bit more detail into what the money actually goes to or what this brightlocker thing actually does if it's funded?

Or maybe @DarkStarr could give us a better rundown of it since he is on thier team?

Ice Queen and Mykll like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry do not care about other games, so, no, I will not read about a site that promise to give me insider access to developers of other games.

If the game itself does not do this then the game / team is not worth supporting.

If you cannot get in to a Beta for a game - which is development then who cares.

Sorry

Again thow I am focused from the POV for SotA if for some reason Brightwhatever gets some kind of inside access / information / input / . . . . to Shroud it is just another kick in the crotch to every one who has already backed the game or even more Port thru SI. SO it should (better) not apply to Shroud .

Ice Queen, Mykll and E n v y like this.
  16. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Man, I just have to fundamentally disagree with what you're saying. This is a great opportunity and I think it will go a long way with the support of the shroud devs as well as its players. To say it's a "kick in the crotch" is distasteful. Have an open mind!

17. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Im curious. Why, exactly, is this such a great opportunity, and how do you think this will go a long way to supporting shroud developers and/or players more than just supporting the game directly?

Ice Queen and Mykll like this.
  18. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

It's good to have friends and allies in "the business", so to say. Plus you are buying actual shares in the company, so it's an investment. After reviewing the numbers I think it will easily make a profit.

19. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

So... contributing to Brightlocker will somehow give an "investor" more pull with the developers than backers who have already spent thousands of dollars, who were already promised to be able to work with the developers to guide the game?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to troll here. This just genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

dev+ RIP

Edit: You are not alone

3devious, Ice Queen, Weins201 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.