Bring in undead as playable race!

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Robby, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

2. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I truly think this is the solution. Adding a bunch of races with their own unique powers, after while gets old and when they run out of ideas they will end up making Pandas as a playable race.

It's better to not even bother making the races, but make the masks.

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    works for me. :)

Filthy Peasant and Time Lord like this.
  4. Robby

Robby Avatar

Yea, no zombies or skeletons in major cities. That could get ugly. And yea any acts of dismemberment or cooking human flesh in town should get you guard whacked. Theres got to be that much limitation to it because I want these nasty things in their correct places to have nice consistent settings.
    And yea races should be elves, humans, undead and stop right there to avoid slippery slope. Starcraft had protoss, zerg, terran as playable races and they do great.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK, I can accept anything and everything but I do agree, that John Travolta is way too scary for this game!
    Hmm... But maybe some John Travolta spell casting could be in order here o_O...

Maybe... "The Grease Lightning Spell", where when cast causes the target begins dancing uncontrollably? :p
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Maybe but then the devs would have to radically redo the day night cycle because you would have to have night and day equal. That said there IS supposed to be a whole network of tunnels under New Britannia which stretch the whole length of new Britannia and include underground cities so maybe they could play down there too

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't even want to think of an ultima styled game and starcraft in the same sentance.

Undead as a monster fit the theme. Undead as a playable race? No.

This is dangerously in the WoW zone...it doesn't fit the story for players to be playing skeletons/zombies/liches. The team is going to have a hard enough time doing elves and humans let alone a monster race that doesn't even fit into any of the cities.

I would rather see a normal race like dwarves/halflings/even half orcs...then this.

Vendetta Beretta and Time Lord like this.
  8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I liked wow, and I believe Richard did too lol. Its all just talk at this point, something to fill the void between releases, so have fun, play around with different ideas. We all know that most of this stuff wont happen anyway. So just let the dreamers dream!

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Where Does Our True Madness Lie?"
    I do have to say here, that Lord British the Great Garriott Himself said that he wanted bakers to be able to bake themselves an actual gingerbread house... and... gingerbread houses surely aren't within the Ultima Cannon of Lore, nor do they fit into any medieval setting of reality or fiction unless by children's tale <---<<< that indicates a fairly open book as far as what our world or it's inhabitants could look like walking down any of our New Britannia's streets.
    Think about it, he seems fairly open to to what madness may come o_O...

10. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Left4Dead zombies would be fun, though zombies rot and shouldn't be super powered like they are. Perhaps Walking Dead type zombies!

11. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

The length of night and day aren't equal now? I thought they were half hour each? If night time is not equal to day time then the Moon Magic people will be wasting their skill points getting bonuses to their abilities while the moon is up.

12. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Problem with creating these races is the whole world will be filled with these zombies and skeletons. It wouldn't be balanced. Masks, or disguises are better. It still works with the imagination of the role player, but also makes it so they do not have to create actual different races. It takes a long time to create a male and a female of every race. Then there's racial modifiers to abilities etc. Just let everybody be the same except those that want to be some other race put on a mask. Very simple.

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Currently our planet is in a elliptical orbit and has been from I think all the way back to E1.
    I can't remember the exact time *scratches his head* but I think it's like 24 hours in game =1 hour real time and the day/night is split umm... (*the part I'm having trouble remembering*) is "I think" 15 real time minutes.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I do agree with masks being in game and is a very good option. However, the skeletons are already drawn, liches are already drawn, all that would be required realistically is just to place the skin over a working avatar. Theoretically the world would not be out of balance being these evil templates would be banned from proper cities and would only be able to do business in pvp player owned towns and pvp npc towns. So you would only see them in combat situations.

15. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

The world would be out of balance if the majority of the player base did not play human players but ran around as undead talking ot people and doing quests as if it were no big deal that he or she is an undead (which is a feared creature to all in New Britiannia). So not only are you an outsider, you want to be an undead too. How could you complete most of the quests that way when most of the people in the world hate undead?

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I guess that would be MY concern :). How would this affect you in your game play? Also, if the majority of the players ran around as undead, would that mean it was popular? :)

Filthy Peasant likes this.
  17. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

If the majority of people ran around as undead that would mean the would be stupid too, and I wouldn't want to play it. Not one undead player should ever be able to do any quests. the people should cry out for the guards to help them.

Just because it is popular doesn't mean it's good. The reason they might play an undead is because of the racial bonuses they get. There needs to be a reason to play human.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

of course, I stated above that these characters would be evil and guards would attack them on sight. Also they would always be flagged for pvp so you would be able to attack them at anytime.

Filthy Peasant likes this.
  19. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

An elyptical orbit should make some seasons longer than others, but day/night cycle always remain the same since the world can only rotate the same speed. the world shouldn't slow it's rotation just so Novia has a longer day, and then speed up again at night.

They can make the game how they want to make it, but I think making shorter nights would be bad for those who like to play at night, and those who thow away thier skill points into the lunar magic innate skills.

20. Robby

Robby Avatar

All players who start off as a skeleton will have a male skeleton. No need to create a female undead if you were going to. I always refer to a zombie or skeleton as a "he" anyway.
    If a developer was actually going to create a game with an undead playable race. Players could just eat corpses and organs and become more fleshy and human like the more organs and skin they collected till eventually there indistinguishable from live humans. If they ate mostly female corpses theyd be female, and if most of their prey was male they would be male There we go! =P
    Oh. And were I creating this game i'd be putting an undead race in it and all, but there'd be no skill, stat, or strength advantages.

If this were ALL MY game and it was being done MY way this is what I would do! But... I dont got that power.

Filthy Peasant and DizzySol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.