Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bringing loot over from Single player to Multi player

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by D A Morton, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Should you be able to bring things over from single player game to multi when the game goes live.

1. Yes

47.1%
  2. No

52.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I concur.

There are a couple potential solutions :
    • If you enter a PvP enforced hex, you are automatically bumped up to OPO mode.
    OR
    • Instances for lower modes simply do not have the rare material spawned in them. This way only those users in the OPO instances will see the "rares" at all, everyone else simply sees the regular spawn.

2. JAMorton

JAMorton Avatar

Yes that's a good solution. It would also be easy to program into the coding making an item disappear while moving over to OPO from SPO, with anything that comes from SPO mode. You would however be bale to take something you have gained while in OPO mode over to SPO mode. I believe they have said that SPO mode players will still see player made shops set up in OPO mode and will be able to buy from them.
    Being able to fetch anything over from SPO mode takes away the challenge of the hunt for any spawned item in OPO, it would also make owning a player shop pointless, if you wanted to sell the harder to find items.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I’m not even sure what some of you are arguing here, SPO items will transfer between the modes or it is kind of useless to play online at all…why bother? I understand the PVP areas not being accessible like that, but that’s for obvious reasons. SPO/FPO/OPO all share the same level of nodes so it’s not like you could do anything in SPO that you couldn’t do in OPO. The whole point of the game modes was to allow players to experience how much they want, when they want. To limit modes like that has no real benefit and just adds a frustration.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.