Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Broken Echoes Silver Mine quest feedback...

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by twofoldsilence, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I find the Broken Echoes Silver Mine quest very confusing and misleading, as the quest giver says I should resolve the irritation of the miners anyway possible, yet it appears I can only solve it by talking to the foreman, yet after I only ask him a few things he attacks me, so I returned to the quest giver, and he says I shouldn't have killed his foreman, but I didn't want to kill him in the first place, but I had to because he attacked me, so I return to the foreman again (who is now magically alive (I know. Phasing hasn't been fully implemented in SotA yet.)), and the same thing happens. After I ask him a few things he attacks me. Also, if I ask the quest giver about "gripes" and "other gripes" he doesn't respond to them. If I must solve this particular quest by talking. Don't keep forcing me to kill him, which indirectly forces me to wait for him to respawn to try again, or at least let killing him solve the quest somehow too (with a hit in one of the virtues or something).

Oyjord Hansen and Elwyn like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

That's great feedback and I'm sorry you're stuck where you are. I'll make a task for myself to loop back and try smoothing out that difficult patch, but I'll also mention you don't have to kill the foreman. Here's spoiler for you to help you through the quest.

The foreman only attacks when your conversation is "weak" in ways that he considers typical of soft humans. Be more confrontational in your chat with the foreman and see what happens.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Heja @Sannio

afteryou "tango'd" with the foeman, the workers should not longer attack you when you go back, or?
    They do!

4. Sannio

The workers will always fight you. They are never pacified.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

but why if you have negotiated with the foreman that they go back to work?

6. Sannio

From a technical standpoint, I cannot change their aggressiveness or stop them from fighting. If we ever get a feature where I can so something along those lines, I'll probably consider updating the quest. From a fictional standpoint, the satyr miners are naturally aggressive and their "rebellion" is cyclical--it's happened before and it'll happen again.

Stundorn likes this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Do someone plan to work on such technology before the release ? It seems like having everyone in the same instance is limiting the story part of the game.

Stundorn likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It's a solo / group / Quest instance. If i understand @Sannio right, then he cannot spawn them friendly after soloing the quest.
    Maybe no respawn at all would work and then have a second type of workers who work only respawn. Idk just a suggestion.
    Although i understand Sannio's explanation it feels wrong that after the foreman said: ok we will get back to work and you run back they all attack you again. Then it would be better to have no respawn at all. It's no grind spot it's a Quest.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If they removed the resources then they could remove the spawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.