Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Broken Tools and the Crafting UI

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by GreyMouser Skye, Aug 16, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Just making a new bug report to be thorough. @Lexie

Crafting tool is shown in the crafting UI as such:
    [​IMG]

Equipped Tool shows (40/94) and the recipe has a chance to work.

When the Equipped Tool is broken it shows Loom Shuttle Only, not (0/94), not Broken, nothing. Now if you double click on a recipe it will say the Recipe is not known. Very confusing when it is just a broken tool, not a missing recipe. See below:

[​IMG]

If I hover over picture of the tool, then it shows durability of 0/90 in this case, but it does not indicate in any other way. Please just show that the tool is broken. If it were a bone needle that was broken then the durability would show up top and the recipe will still say it is found, but a popup will tell you that crafting is not possible. Why is the equipped tool different?

Daxxe Diggler and Rentier like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@GreyMouser Skye - Thank you for reporting. While I agree with you that the way it currently works is a little confusing and I think a change in how we are informed is a really great suggestion... this technically isn't a bug.

As such, I'm going to request that this thread be moved to the feedback forums.

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler Well, I technically disagree since showing a broken tool was what we used to have, now we do not, and new and old players are caught by this constantly. It is a bug because it used to show contextual and useful information and then suddenly it did not, but only at the point where it matters the most (0/91). Either way, @Lexie asked me to detail it again, so I did.
    If our forum search worked better I would search to find how many times a bug hunter had to ask, "Did you check to see if your tool is broken?" It is a high number, because at the critical moment that the information is necessary, the necessary information disappears.

4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Wait a minute! Release 43! Please move this back to the right spot. Bugs, Crafting (since it is the crafting UI), and R44.
    @Lexie Maybe @Berek can we move this back?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.