Brownyn vs. Runic

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Greyhaven, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

[​IMG]

Ardoris is really great, isn't it?

I almost died of embarrassment when I first got there though. When I went to look out the porthole I got my head stuck fast ! Don't know how. I reckon it must be because of my ear lugs sticking out !

Niamh had to grab my bum and give me a massive pull. I swear to God that when my head finally popped out of that porthole my neck was at least twice as long as what it was before !

Niamh is really strong for her size, isn't she ?

Anyway, my head was bright red after that. What makes it worse is that I'm sure everyone at the dock had been looking at me and, as we all know, people in Ardoris are dead posh and disapproving of misbehavior! Posh and smart of course. I bet they can all read Runic...

Oh, God ! I had almost forgotten what the question was about !

I meant to say that when I was in Ardoris I found this book discarded in the street. I saw it happen too ! The culprit !

I was thinking about various things (how to kill a dragon, how to stop a hoard of demons, and cake) when I saw this strange man walking down "that street with lots of paper lanterns along it". He had a goat with him and was reprimanding the poor animal ! I thought that was really weird, I mean, what do you reprimand a goat for ?

I decided to follow to see what I could find out.

When he got halfway down the street the strange man took something out from his (it's like a jerkin but more wobbly) pocket and threw it on the ground. He then booted the poor goat up the backside and stomped down a side alley ! I did not see either again as I walked down the street to see what the man had thrown away.

It was this book ! Just lying there with no-one to love it ! I grabbed it immediately as I had never owned a book of any kind before. It has a tatty green cover with black Runic letters and stacks of Runic writing inside. Although it looks a bit dodgy I reckon it's a good one ! The goat must have tried to eat it - they go for anything green don't they?

Dunno what that writing says because I can't read Runic, but I bet it's brilliant ! It's probably magic spells or recipes or some-such. How to turn a man into a frog ! Or how to turn a frog into a man ! Just think of the possibilities !

Jaana has had a good go at trying to teach me how to read Runic but it's never going to work. She doesn't realise my brain is half broken ! It is true. I can think about some stuff really clearly (like cakes) but other things are all a blur to me (like cleaning-out the stables).

That's the way the cookie crunches !

[​IMG]

Jason_M, Asclepius, Aeryk and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.