Buff Monitor System

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Tirrag, Jun 26, 2020.

1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I've not programmed for many years now, but might it be possible to implement something on the order of:
    "When xx buff has xx minutes till gone, play xx1" With xx1 being a sound file provided by the user. ??
    Now that might be "optimal" . :)

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i can whip up something that is completely manual right now. it would be based on a percentage remaining vs minutes since that is what the system knows. in your user.ini file you would add something like:

[shield_of_air_monitor]
    play_sound=.10
    play_sound_file=sound_file

which would play the sound when 10 percent of the total time is remaining. its pretty easy since i already had stuff in there i would need to re-add it and move it to read from the users.ini file (the settings for my original implementation were in the monitors.ini file). all pretty simple stuff. i will let this release burn in then look to get something like that added.

FrostII, Adam Crow and StarLord like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh, hell yes ! Exactly.... Thx for considering the request.... *can't wait* :)

Tirrag likes this.
  4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Update installed and working well, thanks :D

Tirrag and FrostII like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

wonderful to hear! thank you for the followup :)

FrostII and StarLord like this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@FrostII new version released with sounds :) see the new Threshold Sounds section of the main post! please dont hesitate to reach out with questions or if you need assistance. the only iffy thing with it is the volume. despite the play function having a volume option it doesnt seem to work. i usually play with the sound pretty low so the volume that is there is fairly loud to me. i have reached out to DC so we will see if there is anything up with it or if i am somehow using it incorrectly.

EDIT: DC got back and there is an issue with the volume right now. will be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    FrostII likes this.
  7. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I'm trying to reinstall this addon (after a period of running builds that had a much easier buff cycle I'm again trying something that would make good use of this tool) but I'm not seeing the buff_monitor_system.lua script in the v4.03 zip archive, only sota_event_system.lua and player_quest_system.lua along with the /bms subdirectory. I'm thinking maybe the quest lua got put in the zip instead of the bms lua? Either that or I've just confused myself, which is also rather likely.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Tirrag likes this.
  8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

my apologies you are absolutely correct. when i built the distribution i accidentally included the main file for the quest system instead of BMS. the v4.03 distribution has been fixed. nice little mess i have made :(

IMPORTANT: anyone downloading BMS v4.03 prior to right now will need to redownload it and install. it should overwrite the buff_monitor_system.lua file. if you do not use PQS, then you will also need to delete the player_quest_system.lua file or disable it in the lua addons manager (if it isnt already disabled).

StarLord and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

glad to hear you are going to give it a whirl :) i am very defensive focused and have a lot of buffs going during combat. before i wrote BMS i just had to have that clock in my head to renew something and there are several. really helps me maintain my defenses and healing i couldn't go without it now. allows me to do things like solo melee two yellow ancients at the same time in light armor which i find... exhilarating :)

Coswald_Dirthmire and FrostII like this.
  10. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Downloaded the new file and everything is up and running now, thank you! I will give it a proper whirl when I get a chance for some adventuring tomorrow.

Tirrag and FrostII like this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  12. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Really great add-on @Tirrag.

The icon is a bit hard to make out once it's highlighted.

[​IMG]

Maybe you could leave the center open?

[​IMG]

Or just use more transparency?

[​IMG]

FrostII likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it possible to scale the icons?

15. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

glad you like it! thank you for the suggestions on the icons will take a look at that.

yes but its a manual change. in the Lua/bms/monitors.ini file change the value of icon_scale to change the scale of the icons. note, you will need to reload lua once you update the setting and save it.

Barugon and FrostII like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No Passive Stance?

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I keep seeing the Aetheric Feedback icon pop up but I'm not using that skill; I don't even have it learned.

18. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i can get this added tonight.

what your are seeing is the window of opportunity indicator that will appear when a spell lands a crit. it should have a little W on the icon denoting that. if you cast aetheric feedback before that icon expires you will get the special window of opportunity focus regen boost. there are also window of opportunity indicators for riposte and opportunity strike.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Cool but it's so fast that it would never happen (the ridiculously short window was why I dropped Aetheric Feedback).

20. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i actually use it a lot, though that is due to the air mage AOE. with lightning storm its easy to keep going to get a full aetheric feedback stack. i would think other AOE spells would work too (ie ring of fire, meteor shower). with chain lighting or lightning i still have enough time to pop it off if i catch it fast to get a 1 stack of the bonus.

FrostII and Barugon like this.