Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bug: Unable to re-mapping keys

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Thermight, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

First, you require purchase in order to post bugs in the bug forum. This seems like bad policy if you have just put the game free-to-play and want to encourage people to play it.

First thing I did in game is went to controls
    Wanted to remap W A S D (because I never use that config anywhere)
    Pulled up the controls and clicked the "Move forward" field to remap it

No matter what I try and do to remap any keys all I get is a ramap called "Inv1 Axis4 Negative"
    It won't let me type any keys on a normal keyboard to remap them.

I escaped out of the mapping and was automatically moving forward all over the map
    Finally reset this with [Reset (Norm)] button
    Still was not able to remap keys

Guys I am in the game's intro area. This should be a perfectly acceptable place to remap movement keys.

I have a programmable Swiftpoint Z-Mouse but the click I was doing was a standard middle click to activate the rebind for Move Forward.

2. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Try posting under r59 bug forum

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

This was introduced due to spammers making the forum unusable.
    It sounds like you have a joystick/controller that's overactive and mapping before you can enter a key.

Thermight likes this.
  4. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

I also tried it with a Logitech G602 mouse, same result
    Tried killing the swiftpoint driver, unplugging the swiftpoint z-mouse and leaving only logitech 602 on. Restarting the game.
    Still same problem with that bad binding as I try to click on one of the key mappings so I can assign a new key. Pressing new keyboard keys has no effect and dosnt change the odd inv mouse negative axix message that stays as my binding.

I don't have any problems with any games generating joystick/keyboard polling messages. I play several modern games including wow just fine.

Also have a razer orbweaver but I unplugged it to make sure that wasn't having an effect. But the Razer Synapse software is still there in background.

I tried. I'm not allowed to as I'm in the newly launched free to play plan here.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  5. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Thermight Typing /bug in game or hitting the bug report button located at the top right of the screen will copy the relevant information into your clipboard.

Jaesun and Thermight like this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm not familiar with the mouse you are using, but if it's programmable, why don't you just reprogram the button(s) you want to use to move to the associated WASD keystroke instead of changing the keybind in the game?

8. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

Yes certainly will have to. I just have a generic orbweaver setup I like to use for most mmos which uses different keys than w a s d. But not a big deal to make a new profile.

However it remains a critical bug :)

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, if indeed there is a bug with remapping the keys, it should certainly be fixed.

I was just trying to offer you an alternative solution to get you playing the way you want to ASAP. ;)

10. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

I used /bug but it only sent me to the 59 bug forum url without any bug form that has any of my info. I assume this is because /bug can only be used by people who have paid $1 or more (has same restrictions as that forum does normally) or maybe the /bug feature has broken.

To clarify, that's the spam-protected bug forum that I can't post on as a free to play player.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

The information will be in your clipboard, paste it here if you can't post in the bug forum.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Are you trying to use a controller? SotA does not support a controller. You can try, but it's not supported.

The /bug command puts it in your clipboard, then you paste it into a message.

This sounds a bit like how I sometimes accidentally get my scroll wheel mapped to stuff. I click on something, then either I change my mind and try to scroll the keys list, or maybe the scroll wheel gets bumped. It could also be that the controller is not sending just a single mapping, or maybe there's something being sent when the controller is idle, which would explain getting stuck in motion.

FYI to unmap a key, select it and then press the DEL key.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

That was an oversight. Forgot to flag the R59 bug forums as open to free players (has to be done manually each release due to how XenForo works). Fixing now. Sorry!

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

/bug takes you to the generic bug forum for the current release. It also places a bunch of information on the clipboard for your use. This includes the format used for bug reporting.

Since you should have access to the bug forus now, from there you need to pick a forum to place the bug.

Once you choose a forum that is appropriate, User Interface would be my choice for this, create a new post.

Give it a title and then paste the ckipboard's contents into the post's body. Then fill out the form.

Thermight likes this.
  15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have not been able to re-map my keys since R-58. Asked in general whether anyone else had the problem before posting as a bug. No response, so I did not bug it. Still can't remap and am using a generic mouse.

Thermight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.