Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Build 602 - Current scene not found in the sotamap database

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Description: I changed templates to Swamp Island 01a - Left and now I have no map!
    Reproduction rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: Everything was working fine with SoTAMAP until I changed my biome/template from the default to the Swamp Island 01a - Left.

---> I think you folks missed something with the changeover to the new template that is causing SoTAMAP to goof up. The location info is wrong:

POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template

---> That is not the name of my template. Where is the *left* part of the name" Shouldn't it be:

POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_Left_template

---> I am guessing this is why I get the error in SoTAMAP, but you folks would know for sure. Please help!

Steps to Reproduce: Visit my PoT.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: Serenity Isle (Area: Serenity Isle (POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle) Loc: (-3.4, 14.0, -43.4)/Serenity Isle) Loc: (-3.4, 14.0, -43.4)

2. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks @Mischievous Dragon, that is what I'm being told by others, but I am reaching out here anyway.

Portalarium integrated SoTAMAP into the game. They should have some kind of ability to coordinate with Jakub so this kind of thing doesn't happen for other people. That plus the correct template isn't listed in the location and I want to know why. I DON'T have the template listed. I want a DEV to poke their head in, look at how my PoT is setup on *their end* and tell me why the template listed in the location isn't correct.

Until I am given information otherwise, it seems that something is screwed up on the Portalarium end and *that* is causing the SoTAMAP error.

@Attenwood please look into this, it makes no sense to me. Thanks!

4. Mischievous Dragon

Keep on writing bug reports about in-game SotAmap issues here in the bug forums. All issues related to the in-game SotAmap need to be posted here in the bug forums. The Bug Brigade has been instructed by Jakub White himself to notify him about every bug report which is related to SotAmap.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ok good to know! I have contacted him directly twice since R41 dropped and tagged him at least once, but he has not responded :-(

6. Mischievous Dragon

7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Tazar is there any timeframe of when this will be fixed? I am really disappointed that moving from the default island template has now goofed up my ability to use SoTAMAP. Everything worked prior to my template change and I just don't understand why this problem exists. I submitted the template change request a week before R40 dropped. Plenty of time to coordinate with Jakub (who I *still* have not heard back from) before R41 was released. I pretty much give up that he is ever going to respond :-( but I'd really like to know what the heck this is all about.

Once this gets sorted out, if I spend $25.00 to change it again, is this what I have to look forward to?

9. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Fionwyn Wyldemane - Like you, I am a player so I really don't have the answers (We met last May at the Duke/LotM Roundtable in Austin if I remember right). Jakub is also a player who built a great system for us to use - so good that the Dev's are integrating it into the game, but as my work with the Bug Brigade, Jakub is a volunteer so I am sure he has to juggle real life work, family against his time improving the map system. Even after he completes it, it will have to be checked by Port's folk and then implemented in the next publish.

I do feel your pain though - I recently purchased a 2nd town as we had outgrown our first town, and the template that we chose also is not yet in the SotA Map database. It is however listed in the in-game maps so I can easily see where I am, what areas are flat enough for housing, etc. Keep in mind, this is still a work in progress - but hopefully we'll see more with the next release on May 25th.

10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Yes we met. That was a lot of fun!

The template I chose isn't even listed in the game maps. :-( Who knows, maybe I'm the only PoT owner dumb enough to want a template that *isn't* one of the standard templates and putting those non-standard maps in the game is just not a priority for Portalarium. I mean, those templates have been released for over six months. Still not in the game?

Had I known my template didn't even come with a Portalarium map, I would have chosen something else. All I can say is if I have no ingame map and no access to SoTAMAP for R42 I'm gonna weep bitter tears :p

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Tazar I have not seen anything posted from a Dev regarding this issue. I'd really like to know if this is going to be fully corrected for the next release. Which Dev would be the one to make sure this IS corrected? Who at Portalarium is coordinating with @Jakub White??

I am getting anxious about the situation and while I don't to be a pest, I don't want this to slip through the cracks either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.