Building a house from Scratch; My Story

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by shathiell, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

So after I got the shroud the other night I gave myself a few in-game goals to hit. One of them was to challenge myself to see if I can build and decorate a house using only crafted decorations, decorations bought from the local decoration merchant for gold or decorations which can be achieved through in-game quests (Such as the banners). This included the house that I now live in which I crafted. I took my deed from Spite and moved to Graff Island near the local watering hole.

Below is the result of a few nights of effort decorating my house. I think it looks really good, especially given the restrictions I placed on myself.

Out the front of my house:
    [​IMG]
    Inside the lounge/Dining area:
    [​IMG]
    Out the back I have a nice little private court yard:
    [​IMG]
    Off the lounge area I have a little entertainment area where the musicians can play their wares:
    [​IMG]
    Just before the staircase I have various artifacts and objects for admiration:
    [​IMG]
    Upstairs I have a little sitting area:
    [​IMG]
    And the hallway is well lit and has some life thanks to the flora:
    [​IMG]
    The spare room/study:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the main bedroom:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full disclaimer; I did use a tax-free village lot deed to place the lot initially (I up-rooted myself from Spite), however everything else since is all crafted, bought from the housing deed vendor or earned through in-game quests.

Some things I have wished for during this experience:
    • It would be cool if we could dye furniture to make it more unique. Imagine changing the canvas white to something else completely??
    • I want a craftable outhouse and bath/hot tub
    • More lighting options would be good. Seems the old add-on options had different lighting choices, but crafting is a little limited.
    Please feel free to visit anytime! Details on how to get to it below (Lot is in Graff Island and my in-game name is Belegen Vensworn):
    [​IMG]

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the crafted houses are too clean and new looking and the tiled floor makes them look like a community bath house. Your decorations look great though. Excellent job.

shathiell likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah it'd be nice to be able to dye (or include dye in a recipe variant) furniture with textile pieces.
    I'd also like to see the wood texture on say, the basic tavern counter? Be fancier, if you used the t2 woods. Or even just look different.
    A lot of the original furniture recipes have that same 'tired wood' look and this would help make them more unique for an increased cost.

You've done well with what's available, though! ;)

Witcheypoo and shathiell like this.
  4. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I think they have to look like this to make them attractive over the other ones you can get.

Thanks

That would be cool. On cost, something I didn't disclose before was how much this all cost in purchases from the vendor (Recipes and decorations). I have the one storey basement which I recently filled out with crafting stations and I have spent a total of 120,000 gold. I had all the raw material for the crafting as well so this doesn't include those costs.

Thank you

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wish we could dirty them up a bit to make them look more rustic but it's a minor complaint. In all, they look pretty good.

shathiell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.