Building PaxLair Player Town - Release 12

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by Winfield, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Building PaxLair Player Town - Release 12

[​IMG]

PaxLair Player Town in Release 12
    November 20-??, 2014

We are building PaxLair ("Peace Place") Player Town in Release 12 like we did in R11, R10, R9, R8, R7, R6, and R5. We are planning to build in Valemark again and possibly in a few other areas since the realm will be more persistent.

Planned Events: Please see Avatars Circle Community Events calendar for all the planned events, including PaxLair. The calendar includes several time zones and our specific event times may change. So PLEASE use the Avatars Circle Calendar.

General Information:

PaxLair is an OPEN community for people, guilds, establishments, and wanderers. PaxLair will be a metropolis and holdfast sized Player Owned Town when SotA is released to the public. We are building PaxLair using our experiences with PaxLair in Old Britannia (Ultima Online) since 1998 (and still running). We are also using new ideas and meeting new people. These pre-Alpha releases help us get to know people, try out ideas, see what works and does not work, and have fun.

This thread is for our journal of activities/progress, questions and answers, and interaction with anyone and everyone. We want to meet our neighbors, hold some events, wander on adventures, and get to know each other in this new realm.

So please look for us. Most existing PaxLair citizens will have a last name of Pax or PaxLair, but in the final release, we will probably not have such last names.

Remember, we are building a town... not a guild. Many people and guilds can be in PaxLair.

See Also:

Location: We are building PaxLair in Valemark again. We hope many will join us!

[​IMG]
    Valemark lot map (drawn by Ashlynn)

[​IMG]

2. Cj_2

Cj_2 Avatar

Save me a spot! Ill be there this time :)

Gaelis and Zantul like this.
  3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I think everyone in Paxlair should keep the last names. After all that is where they come from.

Vengeance clan members will have names depending on where they live. The Malus folks will be Malus and Serenite and of course Vengeance.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Winfield

It's something to consider. I've thought about that a bit too.

We are hoping there will be various tags over time... showing guild, town, and other affiliations ... and these tags can be changed when people come/go from a guild or town or group.

Since PaxLair is a town, I can't imagine people really having that as their last name (last name being a family name). Several people in PaxLair do have last names, like Grimlar Mithrax.

I don't know how liberal the Devs will be with avatar name changes in Episode 1 and beyond, and I imagine most people would be reluctant to delete their avatar/character for a name change when they change towns or such.

My hope is that the whole environment is realistic enough that people will be able to move from town to town over the course of months and years as towns get built, people's interests change, they want to set up a shop in a different town, etc.

It is all something to consider though. Indeed.

Mata, Gaelis, Net and 1 other person like this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

It would be nice to have 'of <insert town here>' optional nametag in the name. Like the title before the name.

mbomber, Mata, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  6. Winfield

I just returned from the HoBLotH II event in Austin! It was the most wonderful time ever! I met fantastic people that truly embrace the virtues and ideals of Ultima - thank you Rustic Dragon for hosting this fantastic event! There is a lot to tell ... yet R12 is upon us! Forward!

Release 12 is coming up fast, starting on November 20th. Here are some ideas:

• VISIT - Come to PaxLair in Valemark! There are many people building our great town.
    • PARTICIPATE - Remember, PaxLair is a town, not a guild. Many guilds, parts of guilds, establishments, travelers, ... anyone can come to PaxLair and build what they can to be a part of something rich and deep in culture and community.
    • MUSIC AND NEWS - Listen to Avatars Radio ... http://avatarsradio.com/ - there is news, events, great music, and much more.
    • COMMUNICATION - Remember we have access to TeamSpeak 3 and IRC as a PaxLair and larger community. Use them as you can to participate with us quickly.
    • CALENDAR OF EVENTS - PaxLair events are published in the http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ calendar. Visit this often!
    • DOCUMENT - We will continue to build the PaxLair pages on http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:PaxLair to document our town, establishments, and progress.
    • JOIN - As the Releases are becoming more persistent, we are meeting and testing more ideas with new people and veterans. While PaxLair will build slowly in Episode 1 when all things come to life, we are now gathering momentum to see who seeks to be a part of PaxLair as citizens, residents, establishment owners, traders, warriors, allies, pub dwellers, judges, and much more. Talk to Governor Winfield and other PaxLair citizens.
    We will build, meet, build more, meet, quest, wander, adventure, test all things testable, and enjoy each other's company.

[​IMG]
    On the Stage in Release 11​

On to Release 12!!

Jatvardur, Mata, StarLord and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.