Building PaxLair Player Town - Release 6

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by Winfield, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

[​IMG]

PaxLair Player Town in Release 6
    May 22-26, 2014​
    AND​
    June 9-13, 2014 during E3 week​
    See the Royal Tour on Day 4 (May 25, 2014) with Lord British, Darkstarr, and Lady FireLotus
    We are building PaxLair ("Peace Place") Player Town in R6 like we started in R5. PaxLair is an OPEN community for people, guilds, establishments, and wanderers. PaxLair is destined to be a town, just like we have been in Old Britannia (Ultima Online) since 1998 (and still running).​
    We are building in Valemark again.​
    [​IMG]
    So... this thread is for our journal of activities/progress, questions and answers, and interaction with anyone and everyone. We want to meet our neighbors, hold some events, wander on adventures, and get to know each other in this new realm.​
    So please look for us. Most existing PaxLair citizens will have a last name of Pax or PaxLair, but in the final release, we will probably not have such last names.​
    Remember, we are building a town... not a guild. Many people and guilds can be in PaxLair town.​
    See our Town Hall listing: PaxLair Player Town for a lot more information.​
    We hope to even make some videos of our adventures during R6 and put them on PaxLair Google+ and PaxLair YouTube. We will see how it goes!! -- let's push the envelope and have some fun!​
    Dragonspeed!​
    Winfield, Old Man of PaxLair​

2. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

Hmm Winfield ") .I have known of u for a long time (uo player 1997 Chespeake Shard) I am sure the town will be near a lake,river or an ocean smiles Gone Fishin :) Good Luck man

3. Winfield

We are building PaxLair Town in Valemark again! It's a great place with the circle meadows, sunset cliff, and winding paths. The R6 is about to open and we hope many people can join us! We plan to meet the neighbors so you may get several "friends" requests when you place your house in Valemark. Hope you don't mind!

Also, listen to Avatars Radio as we will have some news spot announcements and who knows, maybe some interviews. And remember to visit the SotAWiki regularly!

We are planning a Town meeting in PaxLair (Valemark) tonight (Thursday) at 8 PM Eastern U.S. Time (7 PM Austin Time). Everyone is invited to attend. We will talk about the town, meet the residents and visitors, see how our defenses and armory are shaping up, see what's happening on the economic front, and how the houses are coming along for a Tour being planned for Sunday night. So come out and meet us and we all want to meet you!

By all means, please reply to this thread with any of your PaxLair experiences and ideas in R6. Remember, PaxLair is a town, not a guild. Anyone and everyone can be part of PaxLair!

Dragonspeed!!

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes please join us, you can get a general idea about what PaxLair is all about. Even if you don't build with us, you'll find a hospitable place to stop by during your travels

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I already placed a town lot in Northshire. :(. BUT. I will visit

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Great! It's always good to know of friendly places to stop by during your travels!

7. Winfield

Reminder... PaxLair Town Meeting in Upper Meadow of Valemark today (in 30 minutes from now):

Thursday, May 22 at 8 PM ET (U.S.), 7 PM Central Time (Austin).

• It's a chance to meet people who like building communities.
    • We will have a little speech, have several people talk about things, have some Q&A, and see who wants to show us their house! Some have been decorating a lot.
    • Maybe we can even form up some teams for dungeon runs or wherever.
    As of right now, there are only 4 lots left in Valemark.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I had a blast tonight. Thank you for the fun.

Oh holttrot looks identical to valemark. :)

Time Lord, Keira and The One like this.
  9. Winfield

Posted in the PaxLair Times

PaxLair Town in New Britannia Off to a Great Start (R6)

PaxLair Town, Valemark, New Britannia (PaxLair Times) – May 22, 2014 – Winfield – The first day of PaxLair in Release 6 was a great success. People started arriving in Valemark as soon as they could (when R6 opened at 11:30 ET U.S.). Word apparently spread fast across the realm as Lord British arrived within 30 minutes himself!

Lord British toured the upper meadow of Valemark where some of the old veterans of PaxLair were building their homes. While he was there, others ventured to the middle meadow which is now being called the Nobles Meadow because of the large, ornate buildings and towers. Still more people came and looked for unoccupied house lots finding them in the forest circle near the Nobles meadow and the lower meadow. The lots went quickly and by nightfall (end of the day), the entire Valemark area was filled. Some people even gave up city lots in Owl's Head to build a home in PaxLair.

[​IMG]
    Residents of PaxLair and visitors gather in the Nobles Meadow (in R6).​

Governor Winfield, the leader of PaxLair, held a town meeting at 8 PM ET in the upper meadow. Many people arrived and this is what he said.

Hail everyone! I am Winfield, the Governor of PaxLair. Welcome to the Town of PaxLair in New Britannia!! We and many new friends have discovered a new home here in Valemark.
    PaxLair has been a town for over 16 years in Old Britannia and is still going strong there. Here, we want to build a PaxLair with some of our veterans and new friends too! PaxLair is not a guild -- it is a town of many guilds, people, and establishments. Anyone can be a citizen, ally, friend, or even an enemy.

This weekend, we plan to do a lot here, as much as we can. Decorating our houses is a good thing since we may ((video)) the area. We also plan to map the area and document who has houses here.
    There are three meadows. We are in the upper meadow. Next meadow is the middle meadow, that is also called the Nobles Meadow. And the meadow near the entrance is the lower meadow. These names may change this weekend as we get to know each other.

We have a pub called the Town Drunk Tavern with the Sunset Rock behind it. Many of you have great buildings that can become famous. Our focus is on community building and having a place many people can call home. It is also a place to meet new people and hang out. In the future, PaxLair will need defenses, troops, merchants, ambassadors, mailboxes, justice, street repairs, and all things that make a town a town.

Have fun this weekend and get to know each other. We will be here every day through Sunday. We may hold some adventures or events, like storytelling and such. So listen to Avatars Radio and watch the SotA forums and SotA Wiki.

Welcome to PaxLair once again!

Events are spontaneous throughout the weekend. There may be dungeon runs, crafting festivals, story telling, pub crawling, and town tours. People are encouraged to "friend" each other to stay in touch and listen to Avatars Radio for any spot announcements. There is also a message thread on the SotA Forums about Building PaxLair Town in R6 where everyone is welcome to make comments, ask questions, post images and thoughts. And of course SotA Wiki always has good information about New Britannia and current events.

((A big part of this "test" is to see how well we can communicate with each other inside the game and what features are needed to help make a Player Town immersive and fun. We plan to come up with a list of things for improvement that can help support Player Towns in the future. Everyone can help.))

10. Winfield

PAXLAIR TOWN SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014

• 11 AM Central US Time (Austin) - PaxLair Crafting Festival (Valemark) at Duke Violations House - use /zone Violation (in middle meadow) or /zone Valemark (head west to the middle meadow)
      • Work on an assembly line to make lots of craft items. Bring your own crafting tools!
      • Workbenches are provided.
      • Bring some resources if you can.
      • Learn recipes from SotAWiki.net before arriving (will not be able to teach many recipes in the short time of this event).
    • 12 PM Central US Time (Austin) - PaxLair Roundup!!
      • Many people gather at the Nobles (middle) Meadow - residents and visitors
      • Crafting and Decorations Give-away! - get items for your houses
    • MORE... we will probably have an evening event... listen to Avatars Radio for spot announcements!

PAXLAIR TOWN SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY, MAY 25, 2014

To be announced, figured out, may be impromptu, stay tuned!

11. Winfield

We visited The Bear Tavern last night. It was great fun! There was a LOT of dancing! And I learned more about The Bear Tavern. We will certainly visit again!

12. Winfield

PaxLair Round-Up - Saturday (May 24, 2014)
    Residents and visitors of PaxLair (in Valemark) came to talk about crafting and decorating their homes.​
    Duke Violation held an "assembly line" crafting festival for an hour.​
    Several crafters worked quickly and made 10 beds, 100 lanterns, 75 wall shelves, and small and large wood piles.​
    During the Round-Up, the goods were handed to those people needing them for their houses.​
    After the crafting discussion and exchange of goods, everyone went on a tour of several houses in the meadows of PaxLair.​
    Thanks to everyone for coming! We plan to have another Round-Up on Sunday! Stay tuned!​
    [​IMG]
    Residents and Visitors of PaxLair (in Valemark) Assemble for a Round-Up (R6)​
    [​IMG]
    Duke Violation explains the Crafting Assembly Line during the PaxLair Player Town Round-Up (R6)​
    [​IMG]
    Duke Violation Acts a Little Chaotic at Amber Raine's House of Chaos (R6)​
    [​IMG]
    Relaxing for a Moment on a Cliff Behind One of the Avenues in PaxLair (R6)​
    [​IMG]
    Grimlar Did It!! Killed Everyone Behind Ashlynn's Ankh Shrine House!! (R6)​
    [​IMG]
    Looking Down on a Noble's Mansion from the Upper Meadow of PaxLair (R6)​

13. Winfield

As R6 is drawing to a close, I surveyed Valemark and wrote down all the people who "lived" (had houses) there. Not everyone were part of the PaxLair Town that we started in Valemark, but many were and participated in events and got to know each other better. Thanks to all who participated! We learned a lot.

I also made an 11-minute video as I quickly went to each house, but it is not much of a tour. I will attempt to upload the video in a day or two (it's a 3 hour upload for me).

Here's the list of 42 house owner names in Valemark R6:

(start at entrance to Valemark)

SOUTH CIRCLE WOODS PATH
    Kentarre Fyre
    Trangor TheMighty
    Danue Sunrider
    Hubert Veston
    Ome

BETWEEN MIDDLE AND LOWER MEADOWS
    Zondo Langs
    Cenador Blake
    Joshua Miester

LOWER MEADOW
    Elliana Nirantae
    Nikko
    Adz
    Scrato Herrscote
    Duke Vulcano

NORTHWEST EXIT ROAD
    Sinclair TheUniqueDragon
    Fringe
    Garret Weston

BETWEEN LOWER AND UPPER MEADOWS
    Tristy Dragonis
    Duke Greagoir
    Jon Newman

UPPER MEADOW
    NANOC PaxLair
    Phoenix PaxLair
    Woengus Wolfgang
    Ashlynn
    Kharlin PaxLair
    Grimlar PaxLair
    Winfield PaxLair
    Sean Pax
    Winmere PaxLair

BETWEEN UPPER AND MIDDLE MEADOW
    TownDrunk PaxLair
    Jaath Windsong

DEAD END ROAD OFF MIDDLE MEADOW
    Korvash Bloodbourne
    Crazy Teeka
    BiggJack Leduc
    Grimace

MIDDLE MEADOW (aka Nobles Meadow)
    Libdo Altron
    Fireangel
    Amber Raine
    Quetzalcoatl
    Violation
    Mystic
    Aleister Aurum
    Robert LeSheep

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I believe "Duke Vulcano" is actually the proper spelling. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Winfield

Great catch! Thanks! I corrected it! Will fix that in the video too if I get the video produced.

16. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

I will be purchasing a deed soon. Hopefully I can live @ pax lair

Although that new town mentioned in the last google hangout by Tracy Hickman is very intriguing!

I will be starting off as a small village lot owner. Hopefully I can work my way up to one of those windmill houses or 2/3 story place like on the store with the balcony. It looks so ideal for me

I am torn. I love pax lair it looks great. But shall I be with the bards? Idk only time will tell. I would like a place to place my chaos shrine. An underground sanctuary is required as well for me as I don't want goody doogooders ruining my good vibes.

Linguistic conundrums abound within my words!:p irony is so great, as are metaphors! Similes are my favorite! No auto check! I ment favourite!

The smell of honeysuckle abounds at this time outside my domicile. It's so wonderful

Time Lord, Noctiflora and Winfield like this.
  17. Winfield

I actually really like the fact there are more than one town that you (and others) may choose to live in! That is one of many elements that will make this New Britannia great -- so many choices on how and where to live! You are welcome in PaxLair as a resident or frequent traveler of course! Bring a song and we will gather 'round anytime. Make a shrine and we will venture to visit wherever you live.

There's plenty of time to see how things go before the final release. Experimenting, trying new things, seeing what you like via the releases is a great adventure unto itself. Meeting more people along the way is the best thing too! Welcome!

Time Lord and Noctiflora like this.
  18. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

How do I go about changing my submission? I think I have better ones now and even better on the way

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Winfield

Royal Visit to PaxLair Town by Lord British, Darkstarr, and Lady FireLotus
    May 25, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Winfield

Adventure Parties Launching from PaxLair in the Valemark
    Monday, May 26, 2014
    Time is in Central U.S. Time (Austin)​
    3:00-4:30 PM - Adventure Party - meet at the Town Drunk Tavern - /zone Valemark​
    8:00-9:30 PM - Adventure Party - meet at the Town Drunk Tavern - /zone Valemark​
    The Adventure Parties are casual groups to go to the dungeons or other places. No experience is needed. People will likely help equip you if needed. Come out, meet new people, and have fun!​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.