Building PaxLair Player Town - Release 9

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by Winfield, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Building PaxLair Player Town - Release 9

[​IMG]
    PaxLair Player Town in Release 9
    August 21-24, 2014​
    We are building PaxLair ("Peace Place") Player Town in Release 9 like we did in R8, R7, R6, and R5. We are planning to build in Valemark again.​

Planned Events: Time Zone Converter #1 and Time Zone Converter #2 - Central U.S. Time (CDT) is GMT-5 hours. (which is BST (London)-6 hours right now).

Also see Avatars Circle Community Events calendar.

Schedule (see the end of this post for descriptions about the events that don't have Links):
    • Thursday, August 21
      • 6 PM CDT - PaxLair Gathering at entrance to Valemark
    • Friday, August 22
    • Saturday, August 23
      • 3 PM CDT - Welcome Quest - Starting at The Bear Tavern
    • Sunday, August 24
      • 4 AM CDT - PaxLair Gathering at entrance to Valemark
      • 2 PM CDT - PaxLair IMPROV Plays (matinee) at Grand Theater in Valemark - Curtain up at 2:30 PM
      • 6 PM CDT - PaxLair Town Meeting at Town Pub in Valemark
      • 6:45 PM CDT - PaxLair IMPROV Plays at Grand Theater in Valemark - Curtain up at 7:00 PM CDT
    PaxLair is an OPEN community for people, guilds, establishments, and wanderers. PaxLair will be a metropolis sized Player Owned Town when SotA is released to the public. We are building PaxLair using our experiences with PaxLair in Old Britannia (Ultima Online) since 1998 (and still running). We are also using new ideas and meeting new people. These pre-Alpha releases help us get to know people, try out ideas, see what works and does not work, and have fun.

This thread is for our journal of activities/progress, questions and answers, and interaction with anyone and everyone. We want to meet our neighbors, hold some events, wander on adventures, and get to know each other in this new realm.

So please look for us. Most existing PaxLair citizens will have a last name of Pax or PaxLair, but in the final release, we will probably not have such last names.

Remember, we are building a town... not a guild. Many people and guilds can be in PaxLair.

See Also:

Location: We are building PaxLair in Valemark again. We hope many will join us!​
    [​IMG]
    Valemark lot map (drawn by Ashlynn)​
    [​IMG]
    Descriptions of Events on the Schedule:
    PaxLair Gathering - A simple Meet and Greet event to see and learn more about PaxLair and to meet other people too.​
    • Starts at the entrance to Valemark.​
    • Includes a description of what PaxLair is as a player town and how and why it is being created. This is a good time to learn a bit, ask questions, and get to know people.​
    • Takes you on a short tour through the town's houses as currently built and decorated.​
    • For repeat visitors, this is always a good time to relax, talk to the PaxLair people and friends, and maybe even learn a few more things.​
    PaxLair Town Meeting - Town Hall - An official PaxLair Town Meeting - everyone is invited to attend and participate.
    • Starts at the Town Pub in PaxLair (Valemark) - lot # 28.
    • Lasts no more than 1 hour.
    • Seeks to get a lot of PaxLair Veterans to attend and meet new friends in New Britannia.
    • Discusses latest designs and development of PaxLair.
    PaxLair IMPROV Plays!! - Everyone is welcome.
    • Starts at the Grand Stage in PaxLair (Valemark) - lot # 29
    • Mingle prior to Curtain Up time.
    • Guests may put on an improvisational play, moderated by Winfield - not to exceed 10 minutes each play.

2. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Looking forward to help building PaxLair and the Events :)

Arianna and Mata like this.
  3. Winfield

I am creating a PM to several people, you included, to help us get set up in R9. I think this will be another great session for Building PaxLair and more! There's a lot we are doing within PaxLair and across the Realm too.

We will try not to do too many things we've done before... so we want to stretch our legs and try more new things given our limited time. We need to continue to think creatively and how to involved more people in the communities. Maybe we will do a Parade in Owl's Head? But I don't think we have Fireworks.

We will expand upon our last Theatrical play.

Maybe we can plan a raid on Vengeance ... just to test their abilities and ours (as we are friends after all).

For housing, we need the usual setups like the great 3-D art, grand mazes in Valemark (sure why not, stress the limits again *smiles*), Darkstarr Temple, Lord British Tower, Guard Camp, Grand Theater and Town Pub area (I have this one to work on), Crafting Pavilions, Town Hall, Town Library again as we will hopefully get library books in R10/11, and more!

I captured a lot of video and screenshots from R8 that I have not published yet. The past month has been tough for me (time-wise). I think between R9 and R10 we will be able to get some back-log done for PaxLair and do more planning for R10. I want to work with more people in the community at large between the releases on some projects for PaxLair since our ideas, articles, and conversations don't just happen at/around the Releases. The Releases offer a time to take risks and try new things within the community and with our avatars too.

I'm excited about R9 and more excited about new things we will all do together!

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

I looking forward PaxLair to visit and to the Events.
    I beg now to excuse my speechlessness ingame.
    (Ich bitte jetzt schon meine "sprachlosigkeit" ingame zu entschuldigen.)

Miracle Dragon, Gaelis and Arianna like this.
  5. Winfield

Alright, I tried Google Translation ... this is fun ... English to German ...

Ich erstelle eine PM an mehrere Personen, die Sie aufgenommen, um uns zu helfen in R9 gesetzt bekommen. Ich denke, das wird eine weitere große Sitzung für Gebäude PaxLair und mehr sein! Es gibt eine Menge, was wir innerhalb PaxLair und im ganzen Reich zu tun.

Wir werden versuchen, nicht zu viele Dinge, die wir getan haben, bevor zu tun ... so dass wir, um uns die Beine und versuchen mehr neue Dinge angesichts unserer begrenzten Zeit möchten. Wir müssen weiter, kreativ zu denken und wie man beteiligt, mehr Menschen in den Gemeinden. Vielleicht werden wir eine Parade in Eulenkopf zu tun? Aber ich glaube nicht, dass wir ein Feuerwerk.

Wir werden auf unserem letzten Theaterstück zu erweitern.

Vielleicht können wir einen Überfall auf Rache zu planen ... nur um ihre Fähigkeiten zu testen und uns (wie wir sind Freunde, nachdem alle).

Für den Wohnungsbau, müssen wir die üblichen Setups wie der große 3-D-Technik, große Labyrinthe in Valemark (sicher, warum nicht, betonen die Grenzen wieder * lächelt *), Darkstarr Tempel, Lord British Turm, Wach Camp, Grand Theater und Stadt Pub Bereich (Ich habe diese ein, um auf der Arbeit), Crafting Pavilions, Rathaus, Stadtbibliothek wieder als wir hoffentlich in R10 / 11, und mehr zu erhalten Bücher aus der Bibliothek!

Ich nahm eine Menge von Video und Screenshots von R8, dass ich noch nicht veröffentlicht. Der vergangene Monat war für mich hart (zeitweise ). Ich denke, zwischen R9 und R10 werden wir in der Lage, etwas zurück-Protokoll für PaxLair zu erledigen und mehr tun Planung für R10. Ich will mit mehr Menschen in der Gemeinschaft zu groß zwischen den Releases auf einigen Projekten für PaxLair da unsere Ideen, Artikel und Gespräche funktionieren nicht nur an geschehen / rund um die Veröffentlichungen. Die Veröffentlichungen bieten eine Zeit, Risiken einzugehen und neue Dinge auszuprobieren innerhalb der Gemeinschaft und mit unseren Avataren zu.

Ich bin begeistert über R9 und mehr begeistert über neue Dinge, die wir alle gemeinsam tun!

I cannot vouch for it translating correctly! Blame Google please. https://translate.google.com

Mata, Jatvardur and Gaelis like this.
  6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Yes, this is funny.

:D
    Vielen Dank Winfield, hier im Forum komme ich ja gut klar, nur ingame nicht.
    Das heißt ich kann in game fast gar nicht antworten weil ich viel zu lange brauche um zu antworten.
    Ich nutze auch google translate.

Many thanks Winfield, here in the forum I'm coming along well, only not ingame.
    That means I almost can not reply because I need too long to reply in game.
    I also use google translate.

Gaelis and Winfield like this.
  7. Winfield

I think we need a real-time Language Translator added to Shroud of the Avatar!! As fast as Google translates. You pick your language, you type in it through the SotA Chat Window line, hit Enter -- it translates into whatever each received has set for their language. (maybe with a ** saying the person is using a translator to get to your language).

Ich denke, wir brauchen eine Echtzeit-Übersetzer, um Grabtuch von der Avatar hinzugefügt !! So schnell wie Google übersetzt. Sie wählen Ihre Sprache, in ihr durch SOTA Chat-Fenster Zeile eingeben Sie, drücken Sie Enter - in das, was sie jeweils erhalten hat für ihre Sprache eingestellt übersetzt. (vielleicht mit ein ** sagen, die Person wird mit einem Übersetzer, Ihre Sprache zu erhalten).

Je pense que nous avons besoin en temps réel Language Translator ajouté à Voile de l'Avatar !! Aussi vite que Google traduit. Vous choisissez votre langue, vous tapez à travers la ligne Sota la fenêtre de conversation, appuyez sur Entrée - elle se traduit par ce que chaque reçu a fixé pour leur langue. (peut-être avec un ** dire la personne utilise un traducteur pour accéder à votre langue).

https://translate.google.com

Gaelis and Mata like this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Oh mein Gott, was habe ich jetzt nur wieder angestellt? :D
    Oh my God, what have I now only hired again?
    Yes, we need a real-time Translator; quickly! ;)

Gaelis likes this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, that would be great, but it probably would end up being another stretch goal :(

Gaelis likes this.
  10. Eternal Knight

Eternal Knight Avatar

Looking forward to R9. Should be a great time in Pax.

11. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I got the plot that I need, sadly tomorrow probably we will have a wipe. :O

Arianna likes this.
  12. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I was the whole night making money to buy deco to the vendors, and now besically I cannot spend my money. XD

Gaelis and Arianna like this.
  13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Huys, where can I find the skulls?

14. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

As a most definite noob to SOTA (pledged just before R8), how do I find you guys in game and hook up. I have enough trouble converting the time to GMT (Brit here :)) and also I have, so far, found no map function in the game so I run about aimlessly until I move from one zone to another.

Any advice/help gratefully accpeted.

Apollyon9515 and Arianna like this.
  15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Welcome to the jungle... The most easy way to find someone is to write /zone [nickname]. (Spain here)

Mata and Arianna like this.
  16. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

Thank you for that & the to reply etc would be?

I ask because I was in a map tonight & a message came up along the lines of - to join PvP type /whatever zone [name], I did that and the game took me to the PvP region and I found no one there :(

17. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

There normally you have a portal to Ardoris. But to meet people the most easy way is to go Owl's Head or to zone them. It¡s not difficult to find people.

18. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

It is when you have just joined up & do not know either the commands to get some where or the world (with no map) to navigate.

Please don't take any of my comments as negative (I'm an old Ultima & UO player) but to drop in at R8/R9 it's one hell of a learning curve to get places or find players (IMO).

Apollyon9515, Kaisa and Eriador like this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

If you want we can play a little together tomorrow, since we are more or less in the same time zone.

Arianna likes this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Found, thanks to Celestian Knight!

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.