Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bulletin boards - late permission check is frustrating

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

So I just spent 10 minutes writing, reviewing, and editing a message on an empty flyer on a bulletin board, before I was finally satisfied and clicked the "publish" button. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I got the message "Failed to publish" with only an "okay" button to click. I guess I did not have the right to post on the message board, probably was a private one. But it would save a lot of frustration, if the permission check was triggered not by the pressing of the "publish" button but by clicking the "write" button on an empty bulletin board flyer. Or even better: disable or hide the "write" button on the empty flyers for those who do not have the permission to write there.

2. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Always copy text prior to submission in these types of situations; an ounce of prevention is worth three thousand rooms full of elephants of cure.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

While it's not bad advise to compose a message outside the game and/or copy it to the clipboard, I think an ounce of preventing a bad taste in players mouths worth a metric ton of telling them how to deal with it.

Hermetic and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.