Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Buttons in Lot Deeds (U) UI do not work.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Grave Dragon, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Submitting bug on behalf of my friend @Sawtooth.
    1. Title: Buttons in Lot Deeds (U) UI do not work.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 50%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: After highlighting the lot deed he wants to interact with, the below buttons like Claim, Add Credit etc highlight blue but do nothing on click.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Unknown
    6. User Specs: I7 4790 4Ghz DDR3 16GB, NVidia GTX 780, Windows 10

This issue is occurring on my friend's PC with the specs above but we tested on a laptop of his and he did NOT have the same issue. Looking for a recommendation for resolution if you have encountered this before. If there are no specific recommendations from folks/dev team members who have experienced this, we will try a repair and reinstall if necessary.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have not observed this issue internally. Selecting and claiming lots appears to be working as intended from our end... Please keep us up to date on your own investigation of this issue, if it's possible to produce a reproduction case.

| Grave | likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Lot Deeds are not something you interact with You have to have the Deed in your bag to claim a lot. Once a Lot is claimed they change to location that you can interact with.

I think he has a Lot Deed in his bag. If he is not a LotM or Duke he has not had the chance to claim a lot yet so no issues.

If he is and is trying to claim a lot then he needs to click a Sign that has a lot Avail - -

I think this is a misunderstanding.

4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

He is a duke and has claimed a lot, but had to double click the deed in the Lot UI to get the claim confirmation window because the buttons at the bottom highlight but do nothing when clicked. I will investigate with him directly. Thanks.

5. Acred

Acred Avatar

6. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I'm trying to repro this on our end. Could someone perhaps screenshot their lot UI, showing the size and where the window is on screen?

7. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I had him run repair and It fixed the problem. I wasn't able to determine the cause unfortumately.

8. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I was JUST able to repro it over here. I've submitted the bug.

If this happens to anyone else, please keep in mind that you can double-click the lot deed. You should then be able to claim the lot.

9. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I'm seeing this issue here - 99% of the time the buttons don't respond meaning I'm unable to use COTOs to pay my taxes (It eventually worked once so was able to prepay for 3m - hopefully can get fixed by then!)

If I can figure out how to attach a screenshot I will ! (Image button is looking for a URL ?)

Edit: bit more testing later and resizing the U window (making it a bit taller) seems to have fixed it for now !

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.