buying bundle but what races?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by MrHemlocks, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHemlocks

MrHemlocks Avatar

Hello

Now that the game is set to release in March I am going to buy a bundle and start playing. But before I do I would like to know more about the various races and their 'special' characteristics that set them apart. As far as I can tell there are only two... Viking and Samurai?? And not much I can find out about them either(((

Like are there certain skills a samurai can learn/master that the Viking can not???

[​IMG]

Leelu likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are no races, everyone is human and has the same abilities. the bundles are simply different cultures.

Elwyn and Leelu like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Greetings traveler,

To add to what Alley said.

The bundles are more cultures or flavors and does not affect any specific elements of gameplay.

For instance the Viking bundle is really about the Norgard region of Novia in the game which is heavily influenced by an Old Norse cultural aesthetic (as viewed from a modern US cultural PoV and not to be construed as having any historical IRL accuracy).
    As well as the Samurai bundle is really about the Perennial Coast region of Novia in the game which is heavily influenced by an Old Asian cultural aesthetic (as viewed from a modern US cultural PoV and not to be construed as having any historical IRL accuracy).

There are no specific skills given by any of the bundles, nor does it limit any gameplay choices - only aesthetics.
    So even if you chose a Viking bundle you can settle/start anywhere in the game and are not in any way restricted to Norgard.

The typical example of this is the Elf bundles which doesn't make your character an elf even though elves exist in the game. Instead you are still doing a human avatar with the same choice of skills etc, but you get some elven clothes and mask which can make you look like an elf.

So see them more like RP choices.

Alley Oop and Tazar like this.
  4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

*Erases long drawn-out typed post* *points up* What @Spoon said. :)

CrandalltheFoole, Spoon and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  6. eli

eli Avatar

In addition to samurai and viking, you can also play elves, kobolds, bear-men, horse-men, dragon-men, & wolf-men (ask for donna).

Vikings and Samurai have a racial flaw of having to look like humans.

The other races have a racial ability which is to look way better than humans, but they also share a racial flaw that they cannot equip head-slot items.

Personally, I play a bear-man. I hope that one day we can have racial equality with regards to head equipment stats.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

One other thing that no one has mentioned is house layout. If you are going Viking, for instance, the floor plans are much more open. It might be worth taking a look at the houses in Home Town, which is near Soltown. All houses are on display there.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There are no "characteristic" refering to gamemechanics. It's only about appearance.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Bundles are just the theme of the stuff you're getting. You can probably log in on a trial account and wander around and see things in person.

Also, if you get a basic account first, I think the basic account price is deducted from the cost of the bundles that include it, if you buy them as an "upgrade". I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.