Buying House

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by moxiepilot, Dec 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I'm looking forward to eventually bying a place to live and sell stuff, but I'm no where near that point yet.

Do you have to buy a house as a backer, or will I be able to grind out enough ingame gold to buy one? The reason I ask is I'd rather establish a house before the release if I have to buy one with RW money but if I can use in game money, then I'll grind.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi,

If you need a roof, there's always room in Soryn Fields, south of Resolute. Vendors are available for residents. So you can have both without spending.

First you need a lot deed (for the location), then you also need a house deed (a house to place on the lot).
    Lot deeds can be bought from 1. other players. 2. Coto vendors (using Coto only, and only for POT deeds)
    House can be 1. crafted. 2.bought from other players 3. house npc vendors

More info about housing.

At this point, buying a house deed should not be too difficult. There are many players selling their excess house on their vendors. Buying a lot deed is the tricky part. You'll need players to sell you the deed itself, or enough cotos to buy from the coto merchants (POT deeds only).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Numa, FrostII, Beaumaris and 2 others like this.
  3. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

You can also try to win a lot deed from the monthly raffle.

There are two types of deeds - taxed and tax-free.

Good luck!

4. Nick

Nick Avatar

Raffle is closed until further notice unfortunately

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's also pot-only deeds in the higher bundles.

FrostII and moxiepilot like this.
  6. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yeah, it's a bit overwhelming, but until I level up a bit and get a few COTO it really doesn't matter too much. Horse > Cart ....

FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

even just a room in someone's inn can make a big difference in your gameplay since once you can put a container down somewhere you're not tied to bank limits.

FrostII likes this.
  8. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks

FrostII likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I thought I read that it will return soon. hmmm where did I read that? Does anyone remember ? @moxiepilot welcome to the game. Hmmm well it does depend on what kind of housing you would like. Mostly what is for sale in game when you can find it is Taxed deeds and they are expensive. like I saw a row deed for 360 thousand gold. and the deeds on the addon store are taxed place anywhere deeds but they don't have to be anywhere deeds unless you want a water spot. Player owned towns have tons of amenities and are a great place to live. So if you want taxed free check the market place or buy a bundle but in game is taxed most likely. It depends on what you would like to do. I have never been sorry to have my tax-free deed, but that is just me.

FrostII and moxiepilot like this.
  10. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks Majoria.

The sheer grandiosity of this game is stupefying. Getting a house is going to be the least of my worries. But as mentioned, it would be nice to have a container and a place to port to, so I don't have to drag all my materials around and sell stuff all the time. But that's part of the grind, right? :)

Numa and FrostII like this.
  11. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

You can buy taxed deeds in game for gold cotos now. You can buy gold cotos with gold from other players or very rarely find them as loot. You can also buy tax free deeds directly from other players.

Elwyn, moxiepilot and FrostII like this.
  12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

There is nothing you can't buy in this game for in game gold. Other than a few extremely expensive items like castle lot deeds... but even then technically it is not impossible. Grind away :)

I have a free room for you in our Inn at Lux Sanctuary, right near Brittany if you're interested. Let me know if you need a place to stay. There are tons of other players offering spots like that too, until you find one of your own!

Numa, moxiepilot and FrostII like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you are welcome to live in my Inn anytime, please just let me know. I am not at this time wanting to charge rent so the rooms are available to anyone to help give them their start and you can place items and they are your items I cannot pick up anything you place except the Inn which would send your stuff to your bank, but of course if you saw my Inn you would know that I wouldn't want to do that since I have tons of stuff set out ;). *cheers* and I am Majoria in the game if I can help anytime. That is one of my favorite things to do well other than play music in the game. I love syncing music and can teach to anyone who would want to learn.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  14. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thank you for the offer. Let me get a bit more established, so I can make it worthwhile for you too. I'll PM you if/when I need to take you up on the offer. I traveled through the Brittany area on accident and that's a whole new ball game up there. It might be a while :)

Thank you too. I'll look you both up in a while. Let's call it the Christmas Grind...

I'm in the midst of a longish write up of new player experience feedback, but essentially I went out and bought a new $1400 laptop to play this game, so I don't think I'm popping smoke anytime soon. I'll be around.

Numa, FrostII, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  15. Lace

Lace Avatar

Here is a quick video from the contest I did about room rental. I am sure there are plenty of POT owners like myself that do free room rentals. For ours since 15 rooms on one lot in this case we do have deco limits but its a free place to live till you get your own home or till whenever.

Sonja, majoria70, moxiepilot and 2 others like this.
  16. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Good video thanks!

majoria70 likes this.
  17. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

So wat is the easiest way to go about setting up a room at someone's inn?

Do you whisper to them in game or what? Not sure what the appropriate protocol is here.

Thanks for the assistance.

18. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Just send them a message in-game or you can send them a message on forums as well, if they are active, then they should respond fairly quickly :)

moxiepilot likes this.
  19. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks for the response :)

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Lot deeds have only recently started to appear regularly on private vendors. Mostly it was due to a tight economy and lack of player base. Most people simply didn't have enough IGG to buy them that way unless they were selling rewards or COTOs. I think you could still get them for IGG on the appropriate sub-forum, but I never looked into that. I think most of them so far have been traded through individual RMT sales.

Also, some people who have a few extra lot deeds (yes, like me) are sitting onto them until there is more population and more demand by new players, and also a good enough economy that property taxes can be affordable on those taxable deeds.

And there are other old pledges who probably have an extra deed or two, but haven't done more than place a lot, and haven't been playing. When they start to come out of hibernation, that should help too.

They suspended it until after release, but I don't think they promised that it would return. I don't know if they're going to be giving out any more place-anywhere deeds, since they have to keep enough NPC town lots available, but putting POT lot deeds on an in-game COTO vendor was a good sign that they are confident about POT capacity for housing. So I expect to see at least that side of the raffle return.

Sonja and moxiepilot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.