Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design]Aetheric Feedback adding regen rate

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Dariog, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

There is no additional regen rate when Aetheric Feedback is on, even though the icon indicates +20.

2. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Same here. Doesn't add regen anymore, whether in or out of combat. Actually there doesnt seem to be "out of combat" regen anymore so focus probably bugged quite a bit atm, unless I missed some notes.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are unable to reproduce this. Observed aetheric feedback adding to focus regen as expected. Please reverify. If still able to see the problem, please provide numbers for what your skill is at and what rate's your seeing. Thanks.

4. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

@Attenwood

Aetheric Feedback level 111
    Icon tooltip indicates +20 regen rate regardless whether cast after a crit or not.
    Combat mode focus regen is about 9 per tick, regardless of whether Aetheric Feedback is on.
    Non-combat regen is 33 with AF, about 12 without ... which seems to be right.

So, this may be working as intended after all. Although it seems it should start working in combat mode after you have not used any glyphs for about 3 seconds. Or has that changed now? Thanks.

5. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Aetheric feedback focus regen is not applied.
    Steps to reproduce: Cast an offensive spell on a creature and when you crit (when your spell is a critical hit) cast aetheric feedback (as it is designed to get the + 20 regen) and you will see that the regen from it is not applied.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Be aware... It's +20 to the Focus Regen stat which goes into our calculations... you should not expect an additional +20 focus every tick of the effect. I am able to see the focus regen stat increase by 20 when it is cast. It is providing the expected bonus.

7. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Aha ok so it has changed okidoki, thx for the clarification.

8. lildoc

lildoc Avatar

1. My focus regen is the same in and out of combat, with or without aetheric feedback buff applied.
    2. Aetheric feedback buff is showing the +20 focus regen, but it seems to have no additional effect.
    3. Focus regen in combat is already quite high, but the aetheric feedback does not seem to make it better, at least not noticably.
    4. Aetheric feedback is applying the focus regen aspect of the buff (according to the tooltip) every time it is used, regardless of if its cast after a crit or not.
    In other words, pretty much what Daariog said.

@Attenwood Please recheck your findings, pretty sure there is an issue here. FYI pre patch this worked with both melee glyphs as well as spell glyphs. I am using melee glyphs if that makes a difference.

Update to add: Did some testing. Without Aetheric feedback and no food buff active I get on average +5 focus/sec regen in combat while using glyphs actively. With aetheric feedback active it appears to be about +6/sec regen, so it actually is applying a benefit just severly reduced from what it was pre patch. So the bug is that it is applying the regen even without a crit. I tested this by casting aetheric feedback without attacking anything at all and it still shows the regen active.

As a related feedback item, I'm ok with the severly reduced regen rate from pre patch, but if that is the way it is going to be it would be nice to see the regen component also increase with skill level. Currently the +focus increases with level but the regen is a static +20.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.