Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Ardoris - when i steal something the guard materialized out of thin air

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Rinaldi, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

11/11/2017 7:32 AM
    Title: Ardoris - when i steal something the guard materialized out of thin air
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I steal something and...poof!... the guard just pops into existence right in front of me. Sometimes he pops up inside an object (such as a table), and then suddenly blinks a few feet away so he is not inside the object. Not exactly a bug...but it would look much more realistic if the guard ran up to me from a distance (so the player cannot see the guard materialize). Also, I could not test since i have too much gold, but what happens if I am too poor to pay the fine?
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.587.Date.11.10.17
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (15.5, 53.0, -155.3)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE1LjQ3NiwgNTMuMDAzLCAtMTU1LjI4NSl8KDAsIC0wLjYxMSwgMCwgLTAuNzkyKXwtNjQzLjQyMDV8MTguNzM4ODZ8MS44MTUwOTI=

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=77732

Stealing Rework:
    We have done a major rework of the Stealing System. The fines associated with stealing now escalate in cost each time you are caught and start much lower than they did before. Also, the number of times you are caught is now recorded by each town’s Magistrate so they can determine these escalating fines.

• Stealing System Polish: For Release 46, we have done a major rework of the Stealing System. The fines associated with stealing now escalate in cost each time you are caught and start much lower than they did before. With this change, we have also made it so that NPCs will now call the guards even on the first offense, instead of just issuing a warning. Also, the number of times you are caught is now recorded per town by the Magistrate so they can determine these escalating fines. Since this is recorded per town, it feels a bit more immersive to try and escape your reputation. These changes should both lower the penalties for those who accidentally steal while also closing the loopholes for those who would go around stealing twice from each NPC to avoid the “third time and you are fined”. We have also added the ability for the Guards to invoke decay penalties if the offender has no gold to pay the fines. Additionally, containers owned by NPCs now say “Steal All” when the act of taking something will be considered a criminal act, instead of “Take All” for non-criminal acts, so that players will be better warned about their action before they take it.
    Hope that helps.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is by design, because the NPC has to appear regardless of where the player is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.