Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Icy Puncture target count and range

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by runicpaine, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

1. Title: Icy Puncture target count and range
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Icy Puncture only hits 1 target and doesn't take Polearms Reach skill into account.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Stand at maximum to hit with polearm and try to use Icy Puncture (you will get a 'hit nothing' message in combat log. Then stack a bunch of mobs up and use Icy Puncture (you will only hit 1 of them, even when using a halberd which should hit 4 targets)
    6. User Specs: MSI GT72S

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Combos are not technically classified as any one skill, it's a bit different from the norm of other spells in the polearms tree. An exception would be the elemental pets as those are included in the normal trees. Plus it does say target not targets :)
    @runicpaine

3. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

This is extremely misleading though since it is a weapon attack with a weapon that hits multiple targets at a specified range. I miss 90% of the time with this skill simply because I don't realize I'm not close enough to hit with it when all my other attacks do hit and hitting only a single target with a halberd is a waste of an attack. You could argue that it's meant for single target fights like giant trolls or dragons, but that's a hard story to sell when those targets are immune to the CC effects of the ability.

If this is by design, then it needs redesigned....... otherwise it's pretty useless. Considering polearms only have 2 combos and both are gimped the combo system with polearms should probably be overhauled. I want to use the combo system but have a hard time rationalizing it if I am less effective than if I just don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.