Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Ignite Weapon - don't stack?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Sir Leonard, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

4/2/2018 2:19 AM
    Title: Ignite Weapon - don't stack?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker?

Details:
    - Ignite weapon, on the contrary of all other fire glyphs just isn't stacking anymore. Is this intended?

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Cast a 5x glyphs, same effect of 1x glyph. Immolation for instance doubles the duration AND do more damage.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/New Britannian Market
    Area Display Name: Mercado de Nova Britânia
    Loc: (-64.8, 37.0, -76.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxOZXcgQnJpdGFubmlhbiBNYXJrZXR8KC02NC43ODUsIDM3LjA0NCwgLTc2LjQ3KXwoMCwgMC43MiwgMCwgMC42OTQpfC0yNjcuNjkyOXwyNC42NDQ5MXw2Ljc2ODMzMg==

2. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Nope it hasn't for 2 releases. It's an utterly worthless skill as it doesn't stack and needs to run the duration of the dot to do it's full damage. If you keep applying it as a single stack it doesn't have time to do full damage. The developers were told 2 releases ago and haven't changed it so pretty sure it's intended at this point. Unless you're a fire mage and need it for attunement I would say just unlearn it the next time they offer 100% return as right now you'll lose too much xp untraining it without a scroll.

3. Sir Leonard

Hmm... it would be fine if it doesn't stack (or at least should, say... 3 times like other debuffs) since it is supposed to be used by melees.

Problem is, Ignite is just so far behind Immolation that yes, seems kind of worthless right now, so I would expect it at least to be empowered by stacking glyphs like all other active damage skill in the fire tree.

Hence I'll leave it here as a bug anyway, since nobody said otherwise. (The Jira stack may be overwhelmed at the moment).

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It doesn't stack anymore. This is by design. It was originally designed that way, changed, then was changed back after further review and player observations. It's a good question and at least from the bug report standpoint, I'm glad I could get you an answer on it.

@Sir Leonard

5. Sir Leonard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.