Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Locked door issues

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

1/31/2018 9:51 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: If a door is locked a player not added on the lot or on the door cannot enter that door, even if it's physically open. This is clearly a bug and also breaks immersion.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to walk through an open door that has the status of "locked" without being added to the property or door and get rubberbanded back out.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Insulam de Nocte
    Area Display Name: Insulam de Nocte
    Loc: (109.7, 38.2, 222.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJbnN1bGFtIGRlIE5vY3RlfCgxMDkuNjk1LCAzOC4xOTYsIDIyMi4xNjQpfCgwLCAwLjY5NCwgMCwgLTAuNzIpfDI3Mi4xOTk2fDMwLjE1MzY2fDEwLjQ0ODM3

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Applerust
    Not really a bug, more like by design. I say this because we have to have a way to keep players out from locked doors whether they are open or not. It was completely intended to have players blocked in this fashion.
    Changes to this would be an enhancement to existing feature, although I'm not sure what that could be done about it I'm afraid. There are a lot of plates up in the air at the moment.
    If our devs had designed it with a different behavior in mind, I would have submitted this.

3. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Ok, thanks for the feedback. It's a poor design in my opinion. As a place holder it's fine but it really limits the criminal element and immersion. A locked door that's open, isn't locked. I'll bring this discussion elsewhere, thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.