Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design] POT Brickport Town Access Wagon Missing

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Brickbat, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

7/27/2017 8:43 PM
    Title: POT Brickport Town Access Wagon Missing
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Blocks me from entering my town.
    Details:Enter Soltown, wagon missing approximately at coordinates listed.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter Soltown, wagon missing approximately at coordinates listed.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32706
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU RAM: 1994
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.633.Date.07.27.17
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (78.5, 32.9, 164.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoNzguNDY0LCAzMi44ODMsIDE2NC43NDcpfCgwLCAwLjE5OSwgMCwgLTAuOTgpfC0xMDcuNDE5fDE2LjMyMzZ8OC44MzIzMDc=

Thanks, Brickbat

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Is it Brickport or Bricktown?
    There is a blue wagon here that has Brickport and all the other nested local POTs now.

3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Yes, Bricktown, sorry. So it seems my solo wagon for Bricktown is just randomly consolidated without notification, no rhyme or reason, and no notes in the Release Patch notes warning us/me?

So @DarkStarr -

What criteria prompts the create a blue wagon thing, instead of making a wagon station area like in Harvest, Port Graff, etc.? I purchased my nested POTs back when there were not many of them...so the many, many late comer nested wagons.

If it's too many wagon and they look junky (beside pointing out that is a self inflicted problem, I will also point out ------> Owl's Head was/is still infinitely worse than Soltown entrance).

If I change my biome to an Island do I get to get a balloon connection to my town back in view of the potential residents? Like the 'also' nested POT with a Balloon connection?

V/R Brickbat

4. PlagueOfLocust

PlagueOfLocust Developer Emeritus

Hi @Brickbat. The reason for the wagon teleporter consolidation was to address the issue of limited space at the scene entrance, as you guessed. We have started consolidating interconnectors as this becomes an issue on a case by case basis, and as they come to our attention. Thank you for pointing out Owl's Head; I will take a look and see how much longer we can get away with having separate interconnectors in that scene.

If you choose to change to an island biome, or even just request a balloon interconnector with your current biome, you can have a separate balloon for now. However, keep in mind that if additional balloons are added to the scene in the future, we may need to consolidate those as well. The only reason they were not affected was because there were fewer of them in Soltown relative to wagons.

Sorry this caught you off guard. You may find that a single list teleporter has the effect of improving visibility for your POT, as players will not have to weed through a grouping of wagons to see your POT name - they can just choose it from one list.

- Dan

Serafina likes this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I feel as if it should just be every NPC scene should just have a balloon and an NPC to talk to that gives you all the options for consistency.

In Brittany Central I had a boat right at the front of the docks that got consolidated into an awkward "Forest Biome POTs" boat (we have one boat for each biome there now).

I had thought there would be some maximal number of nested POTs in NPC towns... and rather than over-populate them to the point you need to consolidate said connections, just stop moving more and more POTs there. ;)

Jack Knyfe and Brass Knuckles like this.
  6. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

I have embraced my fate. Please do OWL'S HEAD entrance next...put the wagon and such off the the left...as it laid out now it's a winding cluster F.

Thanks, Brickbat

PlagueOfLocust likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.