[By design]Returned items from vendor

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by fogcutter, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

1: Returned items that did not sell on vendor
    2: Once so far
    3: No
    4: Notification that I had mail. Checked mail to find items had not sold and money was returned. Double clicked on notes but inventory disappeared. Went to vendor and items not there. At some point I discarded mail from the mailbox. Not sure if I deleted items or if something happened.
    5: Place item for sale on vendor. Wait for expiration. Attempt to retrieve items.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl92cbdyy1yeq9m/2017-06-07.png?dl=0
    [​IMG]

I've added a link since I can't get any images to post. The vendor is in Resolute and is called George Gordon.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@fogcutter, Your reporting of this issue is appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@fogcutter
    Unfortunately the image link was broken so I was unable to view it. But since you mention 'wait for expiration' I'm thinking you perhaps used a public vendor. If you sell from a public vendor (like one from Ardoris or Owl's Head, for example) you will want to sell it or collect it before your auction is up. Otherwise you won't get the items back as the vendor will take them as unclaimed property. Please let us know which vendor this was and any other details you can remember. You mention the mail was discarded from your mailbox.

4. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

5. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Problem is still persisting. I get a notice (mail) saying my item did not sell and I can get my deposit refund. The item however seems to have disappeared. Not in my bag/bank or on the vendor anymore. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't get your items back if you let a listing expire. you only get the gold value refunded, and the gold value for many things in game doesn't really match what players will pay for it.

7. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

wow...that's intended then? So I lose anything I put on a vendor if I don't get there in time before it expires? seems kind of extreme

8. Alley Oop

yep, that's how it is in the player instructions (though that still says collectible at the nearest bank and needs to be changed to by mail)

9. Lexie

@fogcutter
    I'm sorry, but Alley 0op is correct. It's a bit extreme I admit, but the idea is to prevent a bunch of clutter from forming. It's meant to be an incentive to price to sell, although granted - not everything priced to sell is guaranteed to.

10. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Thanks for the clarifications and of course that's only my opinion. I understand the reasoning behind it as well. If I were to change anything I would have an alert sent to your mailbox stating that it was expiring within x time....that way you would be more informed and able to re-list or let go.

Fister Magee and Lexie like this.
  11. Lexie

Excellent suggestion. On the tech side I don't know the ins and outs on what it would take to make this happen, so that is easy for me to say :)
    I'm going to move this post into the discussion section. Most people only come to this section to submit bug reports and this seems discussion worthy to me :D

12. Alley Oop

lexie, do bug the outdated section in the instruction doc?

13. Lexie

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

This is no change for the past several years. You have to be aware of items you have on a public vendor.

15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Read the instructions for vendors at the vendor... items are lost if they dont sell, you have to go to the vendor before order expires and reclaim it if you want the items back...

Personally I think this is silly but it is what it is until they change it.

16. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Also this is why I have asked for a vendor order tacking menu where I can see all items I have on vendors everywhere... having multiple orders up in different places becomes hard to track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.