Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[by design] When learning first specialization, training status is displayed incorrectly

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Elwyn, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

2/23/2018 12:44 PM
    Title: When learning first specialization, training status is displayed incorrectly
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: When I learned my first specialization (and my second with the first set to unlearn), the skill showed up as unlearn (two red arrows down), when it was actually set to learn.
    Steps to Reproduce: Get enough skills, find a master trainer, learn your first specialiation. Glyph will have the "unlearning" status displayed. Click it three times and it will again show unlearning. This is because it actually was set to training. I didn't realize this until an hour or so later when I hear the woosh sound, after which I set it to unlearn. Then it happened again just now with another specialization. (That's when I tried the click three times thing which confirmed it was in fact being displayed wrong.)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.735.Date.02.23.18
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-158.3, 127.1, -60.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTE1OC4yNzgsIDEyNy4wNTIsIC02MC4zNzIpfCgwLCAtMC4zMTksIDAsIC0wLjk0OCl8MzcuNTI5Mzh8MjcuNjUwNDF8NS4wNjQxOA==

nonaware likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Elwyn
    I asked about this one internally yesterday, funny enough. It's actually by design. When you learn a skill, it sets it to unlearn IF it is a specialization skill. It's different from the rest of the skills - but it's also a very expensive spell that shifts other statuses across the board if someone is not paying attention. So if someone learns a spell, this still allows a person to keep their current statuses. If you decide to level it upon training, it will flip the statuses of other spells accordingly. The idea is to curb human errors.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm not talking about how it behaves in general, I'm talking about how the arrows do not sync with the actual state of the skill when you learn the first specialization. This is the first one, so the "design" of only one being training is not even an issue, since there aren't any others to flip. It's that the arrow in the skills window is displayed different from how it is set.

I only wanted to just unlock it. I saw that it had the red arrows, which was how I wanted it. Then later I found it was actually set to train.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

so @Elwyn to be clear for @Lexie youre saying skill goes up while it shows down because when you bought it behind the scenes it HAD set it to learn the arrows just didnt match up?

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm saying that when you pay the 100g to learn the skill named specialization, it initially displays as Unlearning when it is actually set to Training. I am saying nothing about what the skill does with your XP, just that the UI is displaying a false status.

It probably even was correct after I changed scenes. But I already thought it was set to unlearn and didn't look at it again until I heard the woosh. The second time I unlocked a skill, I poked the arrow to see if it was correct, and it wasn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.