By Mandate of The Order of Vengeance (an emissary note to HSoG)

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Violation Clauth, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Also my guild is a RP guild with an army so the in game war mechanic for guilds is not an option for us. If the devs tweak the mechanic where I can put my fighters in PVP then that is a possible option.

Because we have non pvpers I will not do that to them. I am interested in honorable RP combat at PVP events. Maybe in the future I can do what Violation did and put his PVP guys in one guild which is OTC.

So if you think that all your messages is getting under my skin to declare war you guys must think I am slow. You know I cant do that to my non pvpers.

You guys make me laugh seriously.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

William the Treacherous,
    How you continue to spin a tale. How you continue to press your way into forcing things to happen as to your agenda. The timetable has been set. The story has been told. At this point you must play the part you are handed and decide how you will play it, not when. The Oracle see's all and the Oracle controls the fates of the Avatars. In this tale, the one who has sought asylum in their town with Oracles oppressive magic is the one who has elected this timetable. If you had stood up and shown courage that day this would all have been lost in the pages of an unread book. But, alas, you continue to press your ways. As you have no power over time and your history will be known in the pages of persistence this battle will be fought in the ages to come. This war will not be one that is forgotten to a magic of the Oracle and her memory-wiping-doohickey. The fact remains, you take issue with another and direct your rage at me. The 3-year peace will be upheld.

(ooc: for those who don't know... runic is the language in New Britannia and since that note is an RP note I felt it best to be written in Runic. In there I name the 3 year peace. I also give its expiration time which is 3 months on earth from the last RP note I sent him on 10-June-2016. The peace expiration time is set for September of this year. Just to be sure nobody is left behind in this... I will continue to try and clarify things as I don't want people to be confused :cool:)

3. Duke William of Serenite

OK RP on

To The Duke of Cowardice,

I await your fighters in the arena, where men can fight with honor. As for your 3 year peace, you already broke that vow by sending your late guild leader after me. You can say what you want but I know your clan better than you do. Why because I led them longer than you have.

I will see you in the arena with your warriors.

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Your leadership is not to be spoken of, oh one of tyranny. Does your treachery know no bounds!

You attempted to rule them and tell them what to do. Our family (ooc: that's the guild... I call it a family) is not to be ruled. We embrace chaos at every turn and embrace the beauty of it's freedom. You cannot box chaos to fit your desire as I cannot box you to fit mine. You may go and do as you continue to say but I, and those who freely desire of their own will to be in my family, have all always agreed that being told where to live and what role to fill in this land is not a boundary we are willing to accept! The complaints against you while you sat in "rule" as guild master amounted to the point of us dismissing you! You had already offered your position away and Minerva was set to take your place at the 32nd age of this land. You had already offered your place to her before I could and you knew your service was no longer wanted. Your timing was perfectly cunning but was void of truth, love, or courage. You so forsake the virtues in a manner that cannot be quickly dealt with.

I reached to you and requested you think about your choices. You pressed on and assured me they were of pure intent and then send me messages and threats of what you and your army would do to our family! I have never told my guild anything besides that they should be slow to act and to act with love (ooc: no drama is OoV's only rule... which means you can't tell anyone how to play... William left because he wanted to do structured RP and force people to build up Serenite... I told him I wasn't okay with telling people where to live and that it was their free choice... everything else kinda spiraled really fast after that, not sure why it went so fast). You did not appreciate my advice... and as the great balance of life demands, some left to counter your move. There is a balance in life and as you drew away and continued seeking to hurt us, some left in an attempt to aid us. That choice is theirs alone and they hold the full responsibility of the reputations they build for themselves as you hold the responsibility of yours (ooc: OTC split off earlier than expected... it was supposed to be Order of Warlords/Murderers and he was supposed to lead Order of Merchants... both names were placeholders). I will not tell a man to fight, nor will I ask one to fight in my stead. Courage is found in taking the fight if you would win or lose. If, after the time of promised peace, you will not have peace with the aid of others. I will not call a warrior to fight my battle. A coward needs another man to fight his battle. I will fight and I will live or die by my own accord. My deaths have been seen by many and all have bore witness to my character. A man is worth no more than his character and to you I say: I will not give in to your continued provocations and I bid thee farewell for the night. The night is for those wicked and the wicked will have your ear this night. I ask you again to think wisely and not act hastily with your response. Your life as you know it may weigh in the balance.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  5. Duke William of Serenite

Since you left RP mode I can do that too. Or you have no idea what staying in character means?
    And I quote
    "William left because he wanted to do structured RP and force people to build up Serenite"

Out of all the lies above this is actually 100% true. I left to create a town based RP guild. Its intent was to create a community and a RP town that had a Game of Throes theme to it.

OOV has no focus at all and Chaos literally rules the roost.It has no goals, it has no desire. Your members leave because of lack of leadership .

Look at your towns? They are empty because no one cared about them and the leaderless chaos is why OOV failed.

My people want focus, they want to fight for something. They want purpose in their RP lives. They want to feel part of something. Please come take a walk in Serenite. There are people running to an fro the crafting stations. People are looking at the vendors, people are decorating. They all want to see their town succeed, the are very proud of what they built together.

That is why your attempt at recruiting them failed horribly. Because you have nothing to offer but an empty teamspeak and empty towns. Plus a leader who does nothing for his clans future. Also a brother who can only kill AFK people and newbies coming out of Soltown.

That is exactly what I wanted for OOV for US to focus on our towns, but 3 months from release you would rather have us focus on Mori's town? While we had 4 towns totally empty? I had 3 residents in Serenite?

Veneance had what 3? Malus has been empty for ages? I can't help it that I wanted to see my town succeed?

Why do you think Starman quit? because his city was also left in the dust while you guys were working on Mori. Your embrace of leaderless chaos has only brought your clan agony and failure.

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

(ooc: my out of character notes are to help others who read this who aren't RPers... if you notice they're all in brackets with OOC in front of them. It's a courtesy as a text based RPer to do that... just an FYI for those who might not understand that. The rest of his comments I will address another day as I have already removed my character from this thread for the evening.)

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I was informed that it was because he did not want to be in the middle of this.

8. Duke William of Serenite

How many OOV people were living in this town ?

A big fat zero

9. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

I would be happy if we could put aside the personal stuff and RP this out. War or peace, we will respond accordingly.

I also like Kayzn's intervention, we both know the man in charge of his army is honorable. He is not an enemy of House Serenite.

10. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

He was new ,(Starman) I don't blame him for judging a book by its cover however I don't recall him talking to any of the other gm's this is a 3 year roller-coaster I would not expect him to understand. but we need breaks from time to time. I personally don't care why he quit this is all pre launch the amount of judgments made before a game is release is mind boggling . so many people like to pretend this month or the next moth is end of dayz ....... com-on ... anyone that left made a snap decision based on a small amount of info or only info they choose to see, Anyone that thinks Order of Vengeance is out to Harm ,dismantle ,hinder, or disrupt this game is obliviously miss informed we like any family have our ups and downs but those of us still here commit to the success of this game/community
    Lor

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Spoon lowers his spyglass.
    -I told you those were the phoenix banners. This is no longer just a Grunvald matter. Bet you gold for silver this will just escalate further.
    Pondering a bit he hastily scribbles on some scrolls and then presses the Lux sigil to the wax.
    -Please have these sent to all the potential combatants, and do keep some for future arrivals since I expect them shortly. It is offers of trade and sanctuary to any and all of them. After all fighters needs a place to relax and recouperate between bouts and Armies needs supplies and weapons, especially those enchanted with the most fameous gems in all of Novia.
    -But mayor, is this wise? Wouldn't such trade offers to friends and their foes alike be considered as if we support the conflict?
    Spoon looks a bit baffled at his aide.
    -Only those who prove usefull to all sides in a conflict can truly negotiate a peace when the combatants are ready for it, and how else would you have us prove our usefullness to these titans pitched for a coming battle? Know your worth and know your limits, I say. These are proud titans and they will not back down for years to come. But mark my words, there will come a day when they are weary of strife and weary of this conflict, or when leaders has fallen and no one even remember how it all started. When that day comes, someone should be there. Someone with a warm blanket, a cold beverage and a hot bath, to make the letters on the peacedeal seem real and hard earned. We can only hope that we might be those that facilitate that, one day amongst future days. - Now run off and think no more on this.
    -Yes mayor.
    Carefully watching the expressions on the impressionable lad gathering the scrolls and preparing the postal runners, Spoon whistfully sighs for his own youth lost to too many responsibilities. If only he could still be that naïve. No matter, back to the shadows and to see how this new venture pans out.

12. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Do your allies include the PK guild OTC that has a history of killing new players and disrupting events?

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ah! the republic! I used to deliver mail to those guys.

margaritte and Minerva like this.
  14. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Well i would say no since they've marauded and murdered in my town many times, including myself. Which we quickly rallied and put them down. OTC are murderers.... pkers, they do not have allies. But they chose their path which is why they seperated from their old connections to do their own thing. Im not sure they will EVER have any allies...heh.

And it is functionally impossible to kill someone who is not asking for it in some way as there is no forced PVP in shroud of the avatar. You must be pvp flagged yourself, in a pvp area, or are attacking the person whom is flagged first.

Id rather you stop blaming vengeance for something OTC does and if you have a problem with OTC, then face OTC and deal with it. If you have trouble figuring out how this whole guild thing works in SotA id be happy to make you a nice flow chart just so you can keep things on track.

15. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

The First Grunvald War, nobody saw it coming. For years there was peace. Prosperity had come to the sun bleached folk who built homes among the dunes and swamps next to the sea. Traders came and went, cotton from Aerie, ore from the mines of Etceter, and hides from the hidden vale.

Minor conflicts between the Houses of Grunvald began to draw attention of far away Empires. These conflicts, that once were kept on a local level became more visible as events outside Grunvald swept up bystanders.

A House divided, treachery, and a dispute slowly gathered momentum as the wheels of the war machine turned.

The armies of the Phoenix Republic arrived in the early days of the conflict.

Spoon and margaritte like this.
  16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

All other nonsense aside you've gotta admit that's a great story.

Minerva and Violation Clauth like this.
  17. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Well just to be clear, you answered my question then started talking about OOV.

I said nothing about OOV so I guess that was not directed at me...

18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

My head is spinning... I am seriously having a hard time even understanding what we're talking about here. I have seen enough to sense that there is some sort of guild war going on and personal attacks between each other that should be taken private.

Is there any reason I shouldn't lock this thread right now?

19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That's your call. If you think it's going to hurt the community then please do. We had an announcement from another guild coming just like you saw from three others. It's basically setting the stage for a large war in Grunvald after release. Whatever you think is best I support!

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I suppose it depends on if you encourage roleplay in the forums? Everyone's RP is different, and yes, it has drifted back and forth, but there is a lot of good material that is in fact built on the history of the last 2 or 3 years going on.

Violation Clauth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.